Packers 2022 Thread

Chicken or egg, is the rush not getting home because the secondary is giving up so many soft, easy completions?
That's true too. I guess there's a stat out here somewhere that will tell us how much time it takes on average for defenders to reach the QB.

GB currently sitting at the #11 overall Defense spot. They are currently #2 in passing Defense, even though they lead the league in allowing a ~72% completion rate. Right behind them in completion % allowed are the Vikings, Rams, Chargers, who all run a variation of the same D as Barry. Interesting.

Maybe the D isn't as bad as we think, maybe it feels worse because the team isn't playing complementary ball. The D gets a stop but the O doesn't turn around and score off of it. The O scores but the D gives up a long drive after. Just not playing off of each other, neither side helping the other out.

GB currently sitting at the #11 overall Defense spot. They are currently #2 in passing Defense, even though they lead the league in allowing a ~72% completion rate. Right behind them in completion % allowed are the Vikings, Rams, Chargers, who all run a variation of the same D as Barry. Interesting.

Maybe the D isn't as bad as we think, maybe it feels worse because the team isn't playing complementary ball. The D gets a stop but the O doesn't turn around and score off of it. The O scores but the D gives up a long drive after. Just not playing off of each other, neither side helping the other out.
Strip sacks and regular sacks called back on penalties.

Almost a top 10 D. I'll be damned. I might have to cut Barry some slack. Maybe. Defense looks uninspired to me. I'll give it a few more games before I get any more critical of Barry.

Almost a top 10 D. I'll be damned. I might have to cut Barry some slack. Maybe. Defense looks uninspired to me. I'll give it a few more games before I get any more critical of Barry.
I think Pack said this elsewhere but 2nd against the pass, 20th against the run. Not as bad as we think but the run D is a big big problem.

And, more problematic is the inability to get stops late in the last couple of games. I believe the Bears even started moving 2d half

Back