Packers 2022 Thread

According to Spotrac it's just under $8 million dead cap due to restructure bonus money. Though at some point got to let guys go can't keep signing players to 3rd contracts worth big money. GB has already picked up 5th year on Savage so I could see them let Amos Walk and then go a rookie at that spot in 2023.
Amos is 29.
Safeties can be effective into their 30’s IMO.

I think if Amos has a solid year, they at least broach the idea with him of an extension.

And since he’s been so willing to rework his deal to accommodate the team, I think he’d be willing to listen.

But a lot hinges on how he plays this year, and how well Savage plays.

GB can always walk away from the 5th year option on Savage, if he doesn't have the kind of year they hope for, and reclaim that money towards the cap.

Amos is 29.
Safeties can be effective into their 30’s IMO.

I think if Amos has a solid year, they at least broach the idea with him of an extension.

And since he’s been so willing to rework his deal to accommodate the team, I think he’d be willing to listen.

But a lot hinges on how he plays this year, and how well Savage plays.

GB can always walk away from the 5th year option on Savage, if he doesn't have the kind of year they hope for, and reclaim that money towards the cap.
Nope 5th year is fully guaranted now as part of 5th year soon as Packers picked it up it became 100% guaranteed it's no longer just a injury guaranteed contract. That changed in last CBA.

Nope 5th year is fully guaranted now as part of 5th year soon as Packers picked it up it became 100% guaranteed it's no longer just a injury guaranteed contract. That changed in last CBA.
What if GB traded him between now and the 2023 draft?
Are they still on the hook for $7.9M?

What if GB traded him between now and the 2023 draft?
Are they still on the hook for $7.9M?
For Amos yes that restructure bonus hits no matter what. For Savage only thing that counts right now is his pro-rated SB. If a team traded for Savage they would take on the 5th year guaranteed.

For Amos yes that restructure bonus hits no matter what. For Savage only thing that counts right now is his pro-rated SB. If a team traded for Savage they would take on the 5th year guaranteed.
But per this post dead money also comes in. Not sure if the CBA treats it different

But per this post dead money also comes in. Not sure if the CBA treats it different

But year 5 is all base salary so team trading for him takes that base salary would they not?

Buried little tidbit that has come up here and there but Bakhtiari isn't practicing, and he's not with the ACL rehab group either.

I'm not changing DEFCON conditions at the moment, just making a note: it is June 1, and the star LT is not practicing.

Back