Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

The #Packers are signing Albany WR Julian Hicks, who took part in the team’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. The 6-2, 201-pounder ran the 40 in 4.55 seconds and had a vertical of 36 1/2 at his pro day. He averaged 16.7 yards per catch and caught 11 TDs in ‘23, per source.

The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick). The transactions were announced Monday by General Manager Brian Gutekunst.
Hicks (6-2, 201), a rookie, played for Central Michigan University in 2018, the University of Akron in 2019 and for the University at Albany from 2022-23. He appeared in seven games in 2018, recording 27 receptions for 313 yards (11.6 avg.) and a team-best four touchdowns. In 2019, Hicks played in eight contests and posted 21 receptions for 225 yards (10.7 avg.) and two TDs. He saw action in 23 games in 2022-23, registering 72 receptions for 1,139 yards (15.8 avg.) and 17 TDs. Hicks will wear No. 81 for the Packers.
Smith (6-3, 314), a second-year player out of Virginia Tech, was originally selected in the sixth round (No. 215 overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. He played in 10 games as a rookie for the Cardinals, opening two games at right guard. In 2023, he spent time on the practice squads of the Houston Texans and Philadelphia Eagles. Smith played in 45 games with 38 starts for the Hokies and was a two-time All-ACC selection (2019-20). He will wear No. 61 for the Packers.
Stanley (6-0, 200), a rookie, began his career at the University of Colorado (2018-21) before finishing at Iowa State (2022-23). He registered 70 receptions for 820 yards (11.7 avg.) and four touchdowns in his four seasons with the Buffaloes. and was named to the SB Nation All-Pac-12 freshman team as a redshirt freshman in 2019. Stanley played in 23 games with nine starts for the Cyclones, compiling 48 receptions for 559 yards (11.6 avg.) and a TD. He will wear No. 19 for the Packers.

Packers have claimed DL Spencer Waege off waivers from San Fran and waived DL Rodney Mathews.
Waege a DL from NDSU was a UDFA in 2023 and spent part of the season on San Frans PS
Mathews was just one of the eight UDFA signed by GB after the draft.

Spencer Waege profile pic. Seems to be perfect guy to be a Packer LOL

GNK7P0pWQAAaj2c

ugly...pass
This is just another money-making scheme by the makers of memorabilia. Another helmet and mini-helmet, and a few pics they can sell that are autographed because of the helmet. Not only do I say pass on it, I think it's time that the fans stand up and say it's enough, and refuse to buy into any of this crap.

Throw back uniforms are something else, because it deals with a normal evolution of the team.

I can remember the first time I saw them play, their jerseys were kind of a dark green, but bluish color, nearing black, and their pants were somewhere between gold and tan, but not bright gold like today. The helmets were still the hard leather, with no face masks. The jerseys had a yellowish gold neck trim, and gold epaulets. Helmets were pretty much molded to the head, not cushioned.

1715367856136.png

Throw back uniforms are something else, because it deals with a normal evolution of the team.
i agree. but i think when they do throw back uniforms they should also wear the throw back helmets.

Back