Packers center Corey Linsley limited with back injury in Thursday practice

bleak or realistic ? I can direct you to several lollipop and rainbow sites....not what we do here. Never has been. Quite frankly I think we've been rather reserved this year all things considered sh))tc(
I don't mind the bleak or realistic, right Half Empty? It's the snark that gets me sometimes. You know, the one line comment to only express disdain. Only sometimes though. I appreciate the balance, don't mind the opposing viewpoints. It makes me feel like an optimist sometimes. Only sometimes though.
After ARod went down, each loss had the silver lining of a higher draft pick- and I love the draft and all the intricacies of it. So- Go Pack.

PS.- We weren't going to pay our 6th OL starter money so let the Tretter thing go guys.

It would be interesting to take the web back to the Gory Years and see what really would have been said. Obviously, the first couple of post-Lombardi years would have been brutal, falling so far so fast. After that, who knows? I've never checked some of the perennial loser sites, but I imagine they, like I during the down times, would cling dearly to any bright spot, like a premier draft choice or that one win that nobody saw coming.

As for Tretter, I, too, figured there was no way he could reasonably be retained. What he did show, again, was Campen's genius as the OL coach. I remember some time back dumping on him, but I no longer remember why. Doing what he's done with what he's had to work with has been amazing. The Pack could probably have fielded a really good defense, even with Capers in charge, if they had position coaches like him.

Tretter should have been kept. He could play multiple positions, and as such, was as valuable as any of the starters, if not more, than those we kept. I realize that it was a money situation with him, but I've watched us hang on to guys who quite honestly are not of any value whatsoever, on offense and defense, while letting guys walk because of contract money. Then we end up with millions in the bank at the end of the year, and another; "Wait until next year, when we don't have so many injuries."

I don't believe for a heartbeat that the Packers always make the "right choice" when deciding who to keep, and who to let walk. I don't think they're always wrong, but they are wrong at times, and Tretter was one of those options.

The thing I like most about this site is the various opinions offered. Being able to disagree, and state what we personally feel, is all part of being a fan. I respect what everyone says, but if I disagree, rest assured, you'll hear about it.

Back