Packers Draft Grades The Day After

Yes, another flag is "There is a real functional element to his speed..." They meant that as a compliment but for a first round corner shouldn't that be a given, and not debatable? He's a fringe first rounder, probably better as a 2nd but I won't kill them for it. I would've grabbed an OT in the first because there were corners available in the 2nd and 3rd, but that's water under the bridge now.
Best CB on the board at 62 was Aaron Robinson who went early 3rd round would you have liked lets say Jenkins round 1 then Robinson round 2?

Best CB on the board at 62 was Aaron Robinson who went early 3rd round would you have liked lets say Jenkins round 1 then Robinson round 2?
Or Adebo, who went early/mid 3rd. Don't think he would've been a reach there.

It’s become interpretation of analytics (RAS Score) that has changed things. You look at a comment made yesterday on Sermon and his 40 time, SF was more impressed with him :10 time showing initial burst. Would be interesting to see what data points each organization looks at and how different each evaluation is

i definitely would have preferred jenkins in the first. the packers have been on a shopping spree for late round and udfa offensive linemen which indicates that they are still not happy with what they have.

It’s become interpretation of analytics (RAS Score) that has changed things. You look at a comment made yesterday on Sermon and his 40 time, SF was more impressed with him :10 time showing initial burst. Would be interesting to see what data points each organization looks at and how different each evaluation is
But in the end has analytics really changed anything for the better? Why teams live and die by that is beyond me.

But in the end has analytics really changed anything for the better? Why teams live and die by that is beyond me.
That’s what’s interesting. So much turnover in some organizations scouting departments don’t give them any consistency either. This year may have been an outlier with less film, no combine and medicals

i think if you have two players that are rated pretty much the same on your board, analytics (specifically ras) can be a good way to break the tie.

a good example would be picks #62 and #63 in the second round. the packers chose center josh meyers with pick #62 and the chiefs selected center creed humphrey with pick #63. nfl.com had both guys rated within two one-hundredths of a point, which is a negligible difference. but creed humphrey was one of only two players in the draft with a perfect 10.0 ras. if i am choosing between those two guys, i would go with humphrey.

Only major issue I have is last year we draft 3 OL in the draft now we draft 3 more OL in the draft. To me that says yeah we are not high on those OL we drafted last year now that we drafted 3 more again.
I look at it this way.

They might be thinking of a minor remake this OL with an eye on 2022.

They already lost Linsley and 2020 starters Taylor/Wagner.

After the 2021 season they may also lose Turner (cap) and Patrick (UFA).

So with 60% of the OL being in flux for 2020-2021, shoring up the potential need for starting OL and for quality depth may end up being a prudent move going forward.

Back