Packers have released Safety Josh Jones

Million dollar body. Ten cent mind. Physically, was perfectly suited for the hybrid S/ILB role so prevalent in the NFL. Yet he made it clear earlier this year that he didn't want to play LB. Might not have mattered though as I'm not sure he had the mental capacity to master any role in an NFL defense.

Did I mention that Drew Rosenhaus is his agent?
Josh Jones play got him released not Drew Rosenhaus. He had every opportunity

Josh Jones play got him released not Drew Rosenhaus. ...

yeah i'm not sure about that. someone had to give him the idea to demand a trade. horrible advice for a guy who is still on his rookie contract and has never played up to his second round draft spot.

Which 2nd rounder ended up having the "best" Packer career?
Quentin Rollins (2015), Jason Spriggs (2016), or Josh Jones (2017)?

yeah i'm not sure about that. someone had to give him the idea to demand a trade. horrible advice for a guy who is still on his rookie contract and has never played up to his second round draft spot.
He wanted a trade or release to give him a chance to play. If you don’t fit in the teams plans move on

Josh Jones IMO always thought he was better then he was. Had the chance to prove himself and earn his spot. I saw a player who was a second round choice and thought because of that he should just have been handed a starting spot without earning it. He never put the effort he needed in to become better and earn a starting spot.

He wanted a trade or release to give him a chance to play. If you don’t fit in the teams plans move on
packers wanted him to play hybrid safety/linebacker and he refused. most players are willing to do whatever they are asked just for the chance to play a game for millions of dollars.

packers wanted him to play hybrid safety/linebacker and he refused. most players are willing to do whatever they are asked just for the chance to play a game for millions of dollars.
Ultimately his choice. You make your bed sleep in it. And here’s the other thing. If he refused why not release him on the spot? Clearly not the kind of guy you want on your team.

LaFleur said Raven Greene has done a tremendous job at the inside linebacker position in the dime package. It sure seems he'll be the starter at that position, although it could depend on match-ups.

You knew the guy was done when he couldn’t get on the field last year with all the problems we had at safety

I’m guessing the new coach wanted to make sure he was completely worthless before releasing him

Back