Packers Mid-Season Report Card

We’re spoiled. 30 years of elite football. We tried to stretch it a couple more years. May work, may not. Let’s see how it plays out and how our coaches and front office act and react. That’s football. br)
This is so accurate.

The issues that makes this more difficult is that the FO created this “window” to go all in and that window closed in front of their eyes. Rodgers is showing age, so is Campbell and a few others are not making contributions as in the past. One player is probably not going to make this an elite team but they tried with Claypool (reportedly) so clearly the decision was make the tournament and see what happens. On one hand I get it, just a matter of what value that pick was.

As Rodgers said earlier this year the margin or error for this team was thin. While it a team with little depth and marginal talent, it’s also a somewhat immature team that lacks leadership, both players and coaches. The chemistry is not optimal. Maybe one game gets them out of this funk but not betting the ranch

Jones could not be traded because he would have come with a $9 million cap hit GB could have not take that. Plus I don't think you get more than day 3 pick for Jones either. Savage how bad he's playing no one would have wanted him if you gave him away for nothing.
You take the hit if you’re selling, that number is going to be on the books one way or another. I think you get a day 3 for Jones. He’s relatively cheap.

You take the hit if you’re selling, that number is going to be on the books one way or another. I think you get a day 3 for Jones. He’s relatively cheap.
Packers only have $6 million cap space there was no way to take the hit to trade Jones.

Packers only have $6 million cap space there was no way to take the hit to trade Jones.
According to OTC a post June 1 trade makes it a $4m cap hit. Assuming the mechanism is that the entire SB does not count

Back