Packers part ways with Winston Moss

So, knowing as we do now that he tweeted that yesterday morning.....he already knew he was toast or he was the most imbecilic person in the world.

He knew he was gone, he tweeted in the morning (dumbass), and he was fired in the afternoon.

One might think (ha) that MM blamed Rodgers, Moss ( as MM's puppet) let it all out.

He was inept.

So.........#thankstwitter.

So, knowing as we do now that he tweeted that yesterday morning.....he already knew he was toast or he was the most imbecilic person in the world.

He knew he was gone, he tweeted in the morning (dumbass), and he was fired in the afternoon.

One might think (ha) that MM blamed Rodgers, Moss ( as MM's puppet) let it all out.

He was inept.

That tweet was as much a slap at MM as it was at Arod... Not sure he was merely being a puppet there.

Maybe but when you have that kind of insubordination going public then things are bad. It also says that there was something to the Aaron Rodgers issue that's been trickling out. Remember Moss was the Associate HC
I'm going to play devil's advocate here . . . but if we're seeing the "ineptness" within the coaching staff, I'm sure the players, including #12, see it also. I'm guessing that a part of the "rift" between Rodgers and MM was part of this - right or wrong, Rodgers maybe didn't think the rest of the team was as prepared as he was to play each week? And while I agree that he hasn't played great all year, I didn't think the game against AZ was his worst - there were a lot of dropped passes and bad routes (plus just not getting open).

He was inept.

Or he didn't give a crap and said what needed saying. We've been saying here for 3 plus years there was dysfunction in the organization, now it's all coming out.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here . . . but if we're seeing the "ineptness" within the coaching staff, I'm sure the players, including #12, see it also. I'm guessing that a part of the "rift" between Rodgers and MM was part of this - right or wrong, Rodgers maybe didn't think the rest of the team was as prepared as he was to play each week? And while I agree that he hasn't played great all year, I didn't think the game against AZ was his worst - there were a lot of dropped passes and bad routes (plus just not getting open).

Completely within your rights to have that viewpoint but to be honest the facts trickling out are stacking up against any semblance of this being overblown. The organization is dysfunctional from top to bottom and IMHO it will take more then a HC change to fix, I hope I am dead wrong.

I don’t understand what Moss was trying to say with the tweet anyway. He wants leadership that holds 12 accountable? Hey dumbass, YOU are part of that leadership that failed. Or was it a slap at MM? But then Moss stuck around GB with MM all these years. Why hitch your wagon to a person you don’t believe in? And if you do that, again, aren’t you part of the problem.

I don’t understand what Moss was trying to say with the tweet anyway. He wants leadership that holds 12 accountable? Hey dumbass, YOU are part of that leadership that failed. Or was it a slap at MM? But then Moss stuck around GB with MM all these years. Why hitch your wagon to a person you don’t believe in? And if you do that, again, aren’t you part of the problem.

I may be wrong in thinking it was a slap at MM if you really want to go down the rabbit hole you could view it as a slap at Murphy. As in MM tried to hold Arod accountable and those higher ups wouldn't let him.

Arod said publicly he thought they had a great week of practice and that they were prepared well for the game. Mm thought they didn't.

The tweet was a shot at the organization as a whole not at MM or Aaron really. He was the #2 coach and was passed up for a chance to run the show. Basically he's a lame duck coach for a month. He knows MM will hire him somewhere else so he gave GB the middle finger.

I can't say how dysfunctional things are. We could be overblowing this or maybe even under-estimating the problems. I suspect it's a little of the first. Moss knew he was gone and was venting because he didn't care about his last few weeks of pay though I suspect he still gets his money. Now he can start looking for his next meal ticket.

Partly, I'm sure Moss was pissed at not being named interim, I suspect. That might be because Murphy and Gute feel he's not the capable. He just let that tweet fly knowing he would likely get canned. He wasn't part of the future so he didn't mind getting "cut". Now, that said, he better hope MM drags him along because he doesn't have much track record to fall back on and with this tweet some teams might be a little hands off on him.

Clearly this does point to the problem between MM and AR. Moss certainly felt it was deeper than what some people felt it was. I also suspect that renewing AR and not MM over the off-season sent a very wrong message to the team and especially the coaches.

The next coach will need to clear this up right away, and this sort of stuff will be making the rounds among potential coaching candidates who now realize that AR, somewhat like BF before him, has become a problem child in his old age. The new coach will have a challenge in front of him. Some might want to pass. You can't bench the $30 million man, but I suppose you can give him a lot of RB/FB/3 TE personnel groupings to limit his street ball calls.

Back