Packers release safety Jermaine Whitehead after ejection, put WR Geronimo Allison on IR

I think that they have the "desperate times call for desperate measures" mindset. Montgomery's asinine blunder got him the boot only a week ago, and now Whitehead. They are sending the message that if you want to continue to play for this team, then playing smart is not negotiable.
And they are also sending a message our Coach and GM are overbearing pricks that you really don't want to play for.... it's hard enough to get players to come to Green bay but with the German general Gutekunst and his fat buddy the skipper pulling this...forget it.

I think that they have the "desperate times call for desperate measures" mindset. Montgomery's asinine blunder got him the boot only a week ago, and now Whitehead. They are sending the message that if you want to continue to play for this team, then playing smart is not negotiable.

Then Tonyan and a bunch of other players should be gone too. They need to be consistent. Just saying.

Then Tonyan and a bunch of other players should be gone too. They need to be consistent. Just saying.

Whitehead was probably unrepented. Refused to clean things up, change pad level, focus on fundamentals etc.

I wonder how many players have this as a priority. And, although he wasn't making much by sports entertainer standards, his salary for the year was guaranteed after the first game, right? So, now he has a chance to shop himself to teams he wants to be a part of and, if unsuccessful this year, next training camp. That'll show him.

I'm of the opinion that this is just the remaking of the roster. Gute is still trying to dig out from the roster TT left him. Whitehead was UDFA who was never more than okay at his best. They gave him plenty of opportunity, but his ceiling was limited and when I. Campbell became available- Whitehead was replaced with a guy who 'might' have more potential. Ty Montgomery had about 4 decent games in his two and a half years, but was unavailable for long stretches. Apparently injury prone and then he made the mistake that broke the camels back.
This may not be a poplular opinion, but I'm glad Gute is making his roster more to his liking. Whether it is the top ten roster spots or the bottom ten roster spots. TT got stagnant and stuck with sooo many guys who had no upside. We wanted change, now we're getting it.

And they are also sending a message our Coach and GM are overbearing pricks that you really don't want to play for.... it's hard enough to get players to come to Green bay but with the German general Gutekunst and his fat buddy the skipper pulling this...forget it.

Also sending that message to the locker room. We are way past "getting rid of bad apples" and now evidence firmly points to "the staff are complete wussies who have fragile egos and can't handle anyone who isn't a choirboy and if you hurt their feelings they'll cut you"....

Making matters worse, they're pulling things in oposite directions. It could lead to the same problems we had in the 70s and 80s. Green Bay was called the "Siberia" of football. Players felt like they had been sent to a gulag.

Back