Packers TE Martellus Bennett ruled out for Bears game with shoulder injury

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Martellus Bennett will not practice this week or play Sunday in Chicago, but the veteran tight end was at the Green Bay Packers' facility Tuesday.

home

Continue reading...

Hmmm, Actually moderately suprised by the turn of events. But then again, not really.
He came to GB to win another title. Rodgers breaks his collar bone, shortly there after Bennett tweets he will probably retire after 2017.

He basically checked out after he knew the chance at winning was over. Don't really need a guy like that on the team.

Bennett has always been a me-first kind of personality.

The flip side is a strong move by management dumping his a**. Kinda like it!

Bennett has always been a me-first kind of personality.

The flip side is a strong move by management dumping his a**. Kinda like it!

Management gets paid handsomely to NOT sign guys they will have to dump mid season. Someone goofed up top even letting this knucklehead in the door.

Management gets paid handsomely to NOT sign guys they will have to dump mid season. Someone goofed up top even letting this knucklehead in the door.
Anyone can get duped. It's what you do after you find out that really matters.

IIRC- most, if not everyone, were kind of stoked that we were going to have a TE that could catch AND block. 12 personnel group, Marty was really making connections. etc.etc.....

Then it went south. So being honest? Kudos for trying to sign someone who might make a difference and kudos for flushing the toilet when it turned to sh**.

IIRC- most, if not everyone, were kind of stoked that we were going to have a TE that could catch AND block. 12 personnel group, Marty was really making connections. etc.etc.....

Then it went south. So being honest? Kudos for trying to sign someone who might make a difference and kudos for flushing the toilet when it turned to sh**.

I was stoked when they signed Bennett but I’m also not connected the way these front office guys are supposed to be. They wanted to fortify the TE position and instead of re-signing Cook, the devil they knew, they decided to dance with Bennett when it appears they should’ve had better sense than that. I’ll give myself and fans a mulligan for being deceived, but those guys in the FO aren’t supposed to have the wool pulled over their eyes like this.

I pretty much agree. I thought Bennett would be a great help too. His blocking skills alone seemed to make him a good fit. Someone who could actually pick up the blitz, to keep them off Rodgers. It's too bad it went this way, but like others have said, it was a gamble, and it didn't work. That happens. In this case, it's a triple pronged problem.

House, injured quite a bit. Brooks, pretty much missing the season. Bennett, a no-show on the field. We really didn't win this one for sure. But at least they tried.

And now he's a Patriot? Let's see what happens with his physical.

I was happy with the Bennett signing. Everyone, including FO people get duped, especially when the player is playing them. I'm fine with them releasing him. Says he can't play anymore this season, but is fine playing for the Pats.

Hope this doesn't mean TT never signs another FA - unless it's because he not a GM anymore sneaky:.

Boys you don't get a mulligan or a sh)) in this business. The whole FA game now is risky. This isn't the 90's when Ron Wolf and company could go out and pick up a Reggie White and company.

Once again PackinAtl was telling it correct, it's a league wide talent issue. It's just not there and it's showcased week after week. The guys that have talent are under contract... players that teams let walk do so for a reason. Buyer beware.

Back