Packers To Hire Matt LaFleur As HC

Wendel Davis and Christian Parker will be the defensive quality control coaches. Davis was a graduate assistant at the University of Georgia the last three years while Parker was a defensive analyst at Texas A&M in 2018. He has also worked at William & Mary and Norfolk State.

Mennenga will be assisted by Maurice Drayton, who will remain in Green Bay after being on Mike McCarthy’s final Packers staff.

• Offense -- Coordinator: Nathaniel Hackett; Offensive line: Adam Stenavich; Quarterbacks: Luke Getsy; Receivers: Alvis Whitted; Running backs: Ben Sirmans*; Tight ends: Jason Outten.
  • OQC:
  • DefenseCoordinator: Mike Pettine, Defensive line: Jerry Montgomery; Inside linebackers: Kirk Olivadotti; Outside linebackers: Mike Smith; Defensive backs: Jason Simmons* Ryan Downard (Asst DB)
  • DQC : Wendal Davis and Christian Parker
  • Special teams -- Shawn Mennenga Coordinator ; Maurice Drayton Asst Coordinator
  • Strength and conditioning -- TBA

Mennenga looks like an egg with a face painted on it. egg( (Opposite of Mennenga...get it?). Ahem, carry on folks...

Don’t really care as long as he gets the Special Teams headed in the right direction! I hope he’s a good hire. I never understood MM not realizing how important ST’s are. sh))

Last edited:
Now we wait and see. It won't take us too long to see what kind of changes are in the wind. When we get past the draft, things are going to start falling in place pretty fast. I think there's going to be a lot of surprises ahead.

It's actually kind of an exciting year, because it's like a new beginning.

Now we wait and see. It won't take us too long to see what kind of changes are in the wind. When we get past the draft, things are going to start falling in place pretty fast. I think there's going to be a lot of surprises ahead.

It's actually kind of an exciting year, because it's like a new beginning.

That's what Iike about this year. The unknown is exciting. To see how the ML era is built, will also be exciting. Lots of new energy

Yes it's exciting but I'm concerned about fan expectation in this day and age. MM took over a team with serious roster decay, an aging star QB, and a mediocre defense, and started his tenure in GB with a 22-0 home loss to a Bears team on the way to a SB berth. Sound familiar? I hope fans can handle it if that happens again, and I hope Gute and Murphy are as steadfast and patient as TT was.

Yes it's exciting but I'm concerned about fan expectation in this day and age. MM took over a team with serious roster decay, an aging star QB, and a mediocre defense, and started his tenure in GB with a 22-0 home loss to a Bears team on the way to a SB berth. Sound familiar? I hope fans can handle it if that happens again, and I hope Gute and Murphy are as steadfast and patient as TT was.

It's not a one year fix. It will take two drafts and a season of learning a new system etc to get back to where we want to be.

It's not a one year fix. It will take two drafts and a season of learning a new system etc to get back to where we want to be.
Yep and at that point your quarterback is aged and your window became even shorter. I get the excitement but realistically it’s not going to be easy

Back