Packers top uniform power rankings

paladium

Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2015/05/25/nfl-uniform-power-rankings-2015/7/

1. Green Bay Packers

The Packers are tops. Green Bay has a classic look that has not changed, at all, through the years. The pants are simple, the helmet has a traditional logo and the jerseys are easy to read and beautifully done. The best part? The incredible combination of green and yellow. It is perhaps the best uniform in all of sports, looking amazing against the backdrop of Lambeau Field.

Most teams are going away from the block font styled numbers and I do not understand it. The newer style fonts are not intimidating, they just look like the team tried too hard and are hard to read.

I look at Detroit's 2007 uniforms (especially the black) Minnesota's 2004 uniforms, Seattle's old uniforms. Those were great looking uniforms.

I think my top five may have to be in no following order except for first:

1. Green Bay
2. Buffalo
3. Kansas City
4. Baltimore (Black)
5. Cincinnati (orange)

And I'm a big fan of alternates. It's a fun change of pace for a game or two. Usually not so high on throwbacks.

Speaking of unis I want to see our alternate unis. Has anyone heard about them yet ?

Speaking of unis I want to see our alternate unis. Has anyone heard about them yet ?

Nope you figure that they would have showed them off and have them out soon. You figure you want them out by the start of TC so fans coming to watch would buy them.

Personally, I would have loved to see Wolf's plan of switching to Notre Dame colors and kept the same logo. I don't see the Packers colors as Green and Gold. It's more like school bus yellow. Even a more forest green with ND gold would look pretty cool. Sometimes clinging to traditions can get a little stagnant. Just my preference. Blasphemy...I know. o_O

:D

Personally, I would have loved to see Wolf's plan of switching to Notre Dame colors and kept the same logo. I don't see the Packers colors as Green and Gold. It's more like school bus yellow. Even a more forest green with ND gold would look pretty cool. Sometimes clinging to traditions can get a little stagnant. Just my preference. Blasphemy...I know. o_O

Not really I like that Idea as well. They need a really great alternate look. I always thought forest green pants with white tops on the road would be a great look. The "Acme" Packer look would be better in a more modern dark blue jersey with block letters..dark blue pants.. same helmet with the old style grey face mask and a blue G. Could live with that as a 1 game alternate look.

Last stockholders meeting I was talking to a guy who found the concept helmet that Wolf had made up at a Goodwill in Green Bay.

Last stockholders meeting I was talking to a guy who found the concept helmet that Wolf had made up at a Goodwill in Green Bay.
Did you get to see it? I wonder how they looked? I remember how Wolf got upset because the fans reacted so negatively despite never seeing the changes or giving it a chance. Poor guy didn't know what he was up against! hide)

Funny thing is, weren't the navy and gold the actual original colors?

Now see, THAT'S what I'm talking about! I'd buy merchandise with those colors. Grass green and school bus yellow just don't do it for me. I really like those originals unis. Thanks for posting that, Mark.

Back