Player Watch List

I disagree. You compare teams to their peers, not based on eras. The same constraints the Packers have are the same as everyone else. Their failure is with their peers, not from the past.

I disagree. You compare teams to their peers, not based on eras. The same constraints the Packers have are the same as everyone else. Their failure is with their peers, not from the past.
And if you look at who repeats winning the Super Bowl and makes repeated trips to either the Conference CG the dance floor is rather limited. Sans New England .....that’s how the current CBA has changed the league. The days of a dynasty are over. And there are constraints to small market revenue teams. You don’t have the ability to dish out large signing bonus money as a percent of contract. Look at Rodgers, they had to dip into the reserve fund.

They haven't dipped into the reserve for Rodgers. His big payout isn't until next March, and by then they figure to have drawn that much additional revenue from sources to cover it, without touching reserves.

It remains to be seen if that works but rest assured, they aren't destitute. They can make these front payments but are fiscally responsible, and not selling out for the future. That was my biggest rub with Sherman. He built up this huge load of guaranteed contracts for guys who were worthless.

The original Post was what players to watch. So here's a couple more:
Bryce Love RB Stanford. Jack of all trades. Fast, tough and is something we haven't had for some time.
Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo. I think you might hear more of him as the season goes along. Sleeper with a high ceiling.
Noah Fant TE Iowa. Great hands, more of an H-back maybe. Haven't seen him blocking much in Iowa's scheme.

Back