Players Mocked to Pack

Terranimal

Reaction score
A ton of names and positions thrown around this year. What that tells me is no one has a clue. Let's face it, after last year who would? I have little faith in HQ to do and make the best picks for the team.

So here are the names. Some were pre Pro Days and then players rose or solidified their high ranking and others dropped after this and further film study.

OT: Mayfield, Jenkins
G/C: Humphries, Dickinson
LB: Parsons, Collins, Davis, Bolton
Corner: Horn, Newsome, Campbell
WR: Rondale Moore.

Btw cast on GMF were all joking around how Pack don't draft WRs in rd 1. It's been since early 2000's since Pack took WR in rd 1

A ton of names and positions thrown around this year. What that tells me is no one has a clue. Let's face it, after last year who would? I have little faith in HQ to do and make the best picks for the team.

So here are the names. Some were pre Pro Days and then players rose or solidified their high ranking and others dropped after this and further film study.

Btw cast on GMF were all joking around how Pack don't draft WRs in rd 1. It's been since early 2000's since Pack took WR in rd 1
Javon Walker was the last 1st round WR taken by GB.

Fingers crossed - a top DE or ILB falls to us at #29. We need those two positions improved dramatically. If an edge rusher who can reek havoc on an offense is there, I'll be ecstatic. If an ILB who truly has some speed, reach, and brains is there, I'll also tip a cold one. Outside of that, we could improve, but not nearly as much as we can by filling those needs.

Down year on DL. Lots of potential and lots of questions and holes. Players that have done it for one year.

By most accounts, next year will the year for them. The top ones should be off the board by our pick.

Parsons is the only sure fire LB going rd 1 that's not a pure Edge Rusher and he's expected to go 10-15. From there it's a toss up whether any other LBers go rd 1 or the run will be rd 2

Reactions: TW
Down year on DL. Lots of potential and lots of questions and holes. Players that have done it for one year.

By most accounts, next year will the year for them. The top ones should be off the board by our pick.

Parsons is the only sure fire LB going rd 1 that's not a pure Edge Rusher and he's expected to go 10-15. From there it's a toss up whether any other LBers go rd 1 or the run will be rd

I’d be ok with a versatile S/CB hybrid at #29.
Someone who could play both Safety spots as well as the Star (slot/nickel CB).
Barry could play with 3 Safeties on the field and cause offenses to overthink because Savage and the draft pick could both line up at the Star spot, but could move/switch prior to snap.

add a boundary CB somewhere in this draft as well and the backend is locked down for the foreseeable future.

Using Terra's list I'd focus on:

They just don't seem to care enough about those other positions to take one in Rd 1.

Out of this list at 29 I think Jenkins, Parsons, and Horn are gone. Out of what's left I consider Newsome, Jenkins, Collins, Campbell.

right off the bat you can forget the idea of a wr in round one. and it is pretty apparent that they do not value inside linebackers, so i think that's off the table as well. i am hoping that there is a solid ot or dl still on the board when we pick, because that's where we really need some talent. barring that, i hope there is a cb that is an instant upgrade over king.

I would not be shocked if GB trades out of the 1st round. Buffalo and maybe TB could look at a RB could a team early 2nd round move up to GB slot to get a RB they think could go before then? Say maybe the Jets give up their 4th and GB then goes to that 2nd spot you then have 3 4th rounders allowing you to package a couple of them to move up into the 3rd round or use them and your 3rd to move way up in the thrid round.

Back