Players Mocked to Pack

Just pull name out of a hat that will ge a Gute move.

Actually, latest mock saw has him mocked to us w/o a trade up
that may be possible, but gute will have no problem giving up two 4th round draft picks just to make sure. after all, he gave away a 4th round pick last year to move up a few spots to take a qb that nobody else was going to take in the first round.

that may be possible, but gute will have no problem giving up two 4th round draft picks just to make sure. after all, he gave away a 4th round pick last year to move up a few spots to take a qb that nobody else was going to take in the first round.
Why does he hate 4th round picks?!
In three drafts he’s traded away 4 out of 5 and also a 3rd rounder.

It’s very strange. Gute came up under Ted Thompson. TT drafted two All-Pros and three other pro-bowlers, including a President of the NFLPA, in the fourth round. What’s wrong with this guy? Wasn’t he paying attention?

He hates Brett Favre! Favre wore number for so 4th round picks represent number 4 and his dislike of Brett Favre! LOL

chad reuter has posted a 7-round mock draft at nfl.com

spoiler: gute trades our 1st round pick plus two 4th round picks to move up to #21 and draft the injured cb, caleb farley. sounds like a gute move.
Why on earth would you ever use a first round pick on an injury risk? It's not like this guy is the second coming of Deion Sanders or anything.

Why on earth would you ever use a first round pick on an injury risk? It's not like this guy is the second coming of Deion Sanders or anything.

Agree. If he was some sort of transcendent talent, sure, trade up for him injury and all. He's really good but I'm not sure the risk/reward balance tilts far enough in the reward direction.

This is one time I'd tell Gute to be a little more like Ted . . . sit tight and let's see what happens. There's going to be some solid options at #29 and if there isn't a guy there you like see if you can move down and play the odds. Even a mediocre drafter like Gute should be able to find some contributors by exercising a dozen picks.

It's kinda nuts how the draft evals are shaking out this year, Farley is a perfect example. You see him at the top of the boards in terms of CB skills and draft slot - that's the hype. Then you look into his college career: a torn ACL, one mediocre year in 2018, one outstanding year in 2019, opted not to play in 2020, then two back surgeries within a year. How the heck do you evaluate that? Where did the hype come from?

Another one is Landon Dickerson. Talked about as a potential first round pick towards the bottom of round 1. Then you read up a little, and it turns out he never finished a college season healthy. Two torn ACLs and I think a season ending ankle injury. Am I crazy here? How do you draft a guy like that in the first or even second?

I like Dickerson. I just wouldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds. After that, maybe the reward outweighs the risk. If it was a higher value position maybe it makes more sense, but really solid centers can be found in Rds 3-5 so why bother taking a guy with multiple significant injuries early in the draft.

Back