Playoffs Game 1: Packers vs SF 49er's

I think part of it Score, is that we've seen this script before. We know they need to stop the run and force them to pass. That is evident to all of us, the problem is, will GB do that or will Barry, like his predecessor, play pass first? Will Barry come out of his tendency to play soft defense and force them to pass? That's the question. I'll believe it when I see it.

It will be a travesty to let the Jimmy G led 9ers eke out a win at Lambeau. An injured Jimmy G at that. The proof will be in the pudding. Hopefully, Barry has a sound game plan and isn't solely relying on ML and the offense to put up big points.
Let’s hope ML understands this and has been barking in Barry’s ear about it for the last 2 weeks!

I get why we should beat the 9ers. Then I remember Cleveland running through us like a hot knife through butter.

I know we hot guys back, but none of those guys are you ain't going anywhere run stuffers.

If the Pack doesn't show up on fire, pissed off, this is our house, we're going to stomp you attitude, we'll be in big big big trouble.

I think part of it Score, is that we've seen this script before. We know they need to stop the run and force them to pass. That is evident to all of us, the problem is, will GB do that or will Barry, like his predecessor, play pass first? Will Barry come out of his tendency to play soft defense and force them to pass? That's the question. I'll believe it when I see it.

It will be a travesty to let the Jimmy G led 9ers eke out a win at Lambeau. An injured Jimmy G at that. The proof will be in the pudding. Hopefully, Barry has a sound game plan and isn't solely relying on ML and the offense to put up big points.
Agree completely, Bud.

But if Barry comes out and plays soft on D then that is just as much on ML as it is Barry. ML should be able to tell him what he wants.

Agree completely, Bud.

But if Barry comes out and plays soft on D then that is just as much on ML as it is Barry. ML should be able to tell him what he wants.
If SF follows their script from the season they win try to bring pressure with 4 and drop 7. They don’t blitz much. If the OL can win one on one battles it’s a 10-14 point game. If SF can get 12 rattled and confuse converge all bets are off.

This game is more about the OL / DL winning one on one than playing soft. If the OL can keep Bosa out of the backfield they win handily. If if DL keeps them off schedule they win handily. Either of those go south all bets are off

Getting a lead is key. Make them have to throw to keep up.

Agree completely, Bud.

The whole point of Barry is Matt tells him what he wants.

The line has fluctuated between 4.5 and 6. It's currently 5.

Jump on them early.

Don't let special teams be the deciding factor. Whether it's return teams, onside team, Crosby.

The line has fluctuated between 4.5 and 6. It's currently 5.

Jump on them early.

Don't let special teams be the deciding factor. Whether it's return teams, onside team, Crosby.
Vegas lines had it at 6 all week, went down to -5.5 Thursday. Never saw -4.5

i'm not saying the packers are a lock to win this game, but it is interesting if you look at nfl pickwatch, currently every person who has picked better than 62.5% for the season is picking green bay, and 90% overall (including the less accurate pickers). it is the only one of the four games that isn't basically a toss-up.

Back