Playoffs Game 2 : Official Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

Why getting a lead is important

Dak Prescott has thrown 16 passes all season trailing by nine or more points.

Am I a fair weather fan if I don't think we're going to pull this out? I was really concerned about the Giants' game and they pulled it out, but like we all know, Dallas is not the Giants. They have a very good OL and lots of offensive weapons. Hopefully Capers can scheme some different looks but do we have the personnel to do what we need to do?

When you have the offensive weapons we do there is always a chance but I gotta tell you this one nailbite) me.
Nothing wrong with that at all. I have the same feeling. I just think that GB has some type of mojo at work and that Dallas is ripe to be upset. Let's hope they can get a lead, as Packinatl said.

Am I a fair weather fan if I don't think we're going to pull this out? I was really concerned about the Giants' game and they pulled it out, but like we all know, Dallas is not the Giants. They have a very good OL and lots of offensive weapons. Hopefully Capers can scheme some different looks but do we have the personnel to do what we need to do?

When you have the offensive weapons we do there is always a chance but I gotta tell you this one nailbite) me.
Giants beat the Cowboys twice. We dismantled the Giants

I'm up $200 on the Packers/Giants game. Going to double it on taking the Packers at +4.5. A gut feeling again. Go Pack

We also got dismantled by Dallas. I think we can win but this is more about matchups. The giants have no offense. Dallas does. Dallas' defense is average. Ours offense has been stellar.

We also got dismantled by Dallas. I think we can win but this is more about matchups. The giants have no offense. Dallas does. Dallas' defense is average. Ours offense has been stellar.
With 4 costly turnovers.

With 4 costly turnovers.
Exactly. It can't happen again. They better have cleaned it up. It's not going to be a cake walk just because the Packers beat the Giants.

Football is about matchups
GB clear edge at QB
Dallas clear edge at RB, OL
Slight edge Dallas on DL
Wash at LB
Secondary slight edge Dallas
WR slight edge Dallas with 87 out
TE a wash

I don't think Dallas can play from behind (10-14 points)
If we get behind early long day

WAS dismantled GB and DAL beat WAS twice.....

Only team to beat DAL in a meaningful game this year was NYG. However this is the playoffs and everything changes. But some thoughts...

1) Dak has never played an NFL playoff game in an playoff atmosphere. Can he keep his head with the distraction of the NFL playoffs? Key for GB will be to force the game into his hands.
2) Dallas OL will beat our DL most of the time. Hopefully our secondary and LB's can do just enough to hold Elliot in check. If he runs wild game over.
3) Arod has a chip on his shoulder which seems to be the only way he plays well over last couple years. After people start openly doubting him.
4) GB has one important key they didn't first game vs DAL, Jared Cook. He's been just good enough to make a difference. First game Gb had no TE to speak of. Cook can take advantage of the middle of the DAL defense which I believe is their weak spot.

Lucky for GB my daughter has a swim meet, and other crazy kid schedule stuff probably means I can't watch. And when I don't watch they win. GB will squeak this out on the strength of GB veterans playoff experience and Dak/Elliot inexperience. 41-38 on a last second 54 yard FG by Crosby...

here's my biggest concern (via cowboyswire at usatoday.com):

Cowboys Wire:
Do the Packers have a game plan to give help to Ladarius Gunter while also loading the box to stop Elliott? It seems a difficult ask.

Aaron Nagler:
It’s the biggest issue Capers will face. There’s just no way he can slow down the Cowboys running game without numbers in the box. I do tend to think he’ll leave Gunter on Bryant with Clinton-Dix giving help, and drop down Morgan Burnett to either provide run support or provide coverage on Jason Witten.

But that obviously leaves guys like Cole Beasley and Terrence Williams with one on one matchups that they should be able to win. Beasley in particular matches up well. As you know, he gave the Packers all sorts of problems in the last game.

Back