Playoffs Game 2 : Official Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

Lucky for GB my daughter has a swim meet, and other crazy kid schedule stuff probably means I can't watch. And when I don't watch they win.

i think there are other factors at play as well. for example, against the giants, we started out bad - very bad. i walked over to our bedroom and told my wife "the packers need you". she reluctantly came over to watch the game with me, and immediately (i'm talking within seconds), rodgers throws a sideline pass to adams for 31 yards. two plays later, we score the go-ahead touchdown. a few minutes later, the packers score again and it's halftime so my wife goes back to the bedroom to resume her youtube videos. second half starts we go 3-and-out and a couple possessions later we give up a td to the giants. so i go back to the bedroom and tell my wife that she is required to watch the rest of the game with me. next possession we score in four plays and the rest of the game pretty much is smooth sailing.

so you see, this isn't just about you missing the game.

i think there are other factors at play as well. for example, against the giants, we started out bad - very bad. i walked over to our bedroom and told my wife "the packers need you". she reluctantly came over to watch the game with me, and immediately (i'm talking within seconds), rodgers throws a sideline pass to adams for 31 yards. two plays later, we score the go-ahead touchdown. a few minutes later, the packers score again and it's halftime so my wife goes back to the bedroom to resume her youtube videos. second half starts we go 3-and-out and a couple possessions later we give up a td to the giants. so i go back to the bedroom and tell my wife that she is required to watch the rest of the game with me. next possession we score in four plays and the rest of the game pretty much is smooth sailing.

so you see, this isn't just about you missing the game.

It's a team effort :)

With 4 costly turnovers.
The most telling statistic there is. If we take care of the ball and get a couple turnovers from Dallas? Would feel better if we were on the frozen tundra, but if we win the turnover battle we have a good chance.

The most telling statistic there is. If we take care of the ball and get a couple turnovers from Dallas? Would feel better if we were on the frozen tundra, but if we win the turnover battle we have a good chance.
I think this team, if it hasn't already, really belives in itself now. It's almost have if all the adversity has shown them the true meaning of team. From the coaches on down, there is a different feel about this team. They've been on a heckuva run and the confidence level is high. Limit turnovers, play inspired, and go out and have fun and good things will happen. Gonna be a great showdown in D.

WAS dismantled GB and DAL beat WAS twice.....

Only team to beat DAL in a meaningful game this year was NYG. However this is the playoffs and everything changes. But some thoughts...

1) Dak has never played an NFL playoff game in an playoff atmosphere. Can he keep his head with the distraction of the NFL playoffs? Key for GB will be to force the game into his hands.
2) Dallas OL will beat our DL most of the time. Hopefully our secondary and LB's can do just enough to hold Elliot in check. If he runs wild game over.
3) Arod has a chip on his shoulder which seems to be the only way he plays well over last couple years. After people start openly doubting him.
4) GB has one important key they didn't first game vs DAL, Jared Cook. He's been just good enough to make a difference. First game Gb had no TE to speak of. Cook can take advantage of the middle of the DAL defense which I believe is their weak spot.

Lucky for GB my daughter has a swim meet, and other crazy kid schedule stuff probably means I can't watch. And when I don't watch they win. GB will squeak this out on the strength of GB veterans playoff experience and Dak/Elliot inexperience. 41-38 on a last second 54 yard FG by Crosby...

I guess I'm wondering why several people say that Dak and Elliot may be overwhelmed by the playoffs. So far they don't appear to be fazed by anything.

I guess I'm wondering why several people say that Dak and Elliot may be overwhelmed by the playoffs. So far they don't appear to be fazed by anything.

You're right. They've looked like vets all season. It can be a dual edged sword where their youth breeds a naive bliss where they know no better and are unaffected. On the other hand, these playoffs are for all the marbles and the pressure mounts through many different sources. It's going to be interesting to see if Green Bay can get up and wrest the momentum away from home field advantage.

I think this team, if it hasn't already, really belives in itself now. It's almost have if all the adversity has shown them the true meaning of team. From the coaches on down, there is a different feel about this team. They've been on a heckuva run and the confidence level is high. Limit turnovers, play inspired, and go out and have fun and good things will happen. Gonna be a great showdown in D.

Very important point Bud. At the very least, Rodgers actually believes they can go out and beat any team, any time, any place and he's playing that way. They've got the vibe, question is how long can the talent and injuries hold up?

Very important point Bud. At the very least, Rodgers actually believes they can go out and beat any team, any time, any place and he's playing that way. They've got the vibe, question is how long can the talent and injuries hold up?

It all starts with Arod. As he goes the team goes. he has a bad game against DAL and the rest of the team will crash as well. He goes out on fire, and the rest of the team goes out on fire.

The intensity is much higher in the playoffs. It's one and done. You don't get to regroup and come back next week if you lose. And losing a playoff game at home is bigger in the eyes of fans than a regular season loss. Especially when you're a SB favorite. Mistakes are magnified, opposing teams throw in wrinkles you haven't seen and the talent/play level is more even.... etc....

The more I read about this game, the more I realize this Dallas team does not respect GB, especially our D. They consider them paper tigers and think they are going to toss us around and roll through this one. They might be right. Or they might be giving those guys some motivation.

Back