• arden key, edge - lsu

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • joshua jackson, cb - iowa

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • derwin james, s - florida state

• roquan smith, ilb - georgia

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • trade back a few slots and pick up whichever one is left.

• Total voters
Joshua Jackson.

Taking him could possibly allow the Packers to lock down both sides of the field with Jackson and King for years to come.

That would be a major step forward in fixing the defense.

And I say that realizing how much they also need a pass rushing threat off the edge.

Roquan smith for me ..he can play outside or inside and is extremely disruptive. Playmaker and we need one. Buyer beware on J.Jackson he has some technical issues in his game.

Went with Key because pass rush is a priority, however after watching the video Mark posted Roquan Smith would work just fine for me. I want to stay away from corner in the first. GB doesn't have great luck taking DB that early.

man tough call bc I don't see all these guys still on the board. I could make cases for all of them or even a trade back and still being able to land 1 of them.

As of today, and since Edmunds isn't on the list, I would say James. Future blue chip playmaker that can be moved all over like we used Wood a few years ago. This is assuming we lose Burney.

Smith just seams like a game changer, not that I would complain about trading back for an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick and potentially picking up one of the other players.

Out of those 4, Smith for me.

Remember 2013, the first year after we let Woodson go, when we had to play mid round scrubs at S and it was such a dumpster fire that we drafted Clinton-Dix in the first the very next year to at least make the position respectable? Well, that's what ILB has been for us since Des Bishop blew out his leg the exact same year... except we never fixed the damn thing. I get the impression many Packer fans are so used to having crap at ILB that they've forgotten that it is actually an important position in any defense and strength there can change a game and change things for everyone else on D. Hell, even Pettine said in his PC that a good D needs to protect the field from the inside out. We've gotten so used to mediocrity that even someone just solid and competent (though flawed) like Blake Martinez suddenly seems like a standout and a bedrock.

CBS mock has Smith going at 11 to Miami, would you still want Smith if it cost you our 1st and our 3rd round comp picks to get him? I would leave that up to Pettine and Gute, but my voice say yes.

Out of those 4, Smith for me.

Remember 2013, the first year after we let Woodson go, when we had to play mid round scrubs at S and it was such a dumpster fire that we drafted Clinton-Dix in the first the very next year to at least make the position respectable? Well, that's what ILB has been for us since Des Bishop blew out his leg the exact same year... except we never fixed the damn thing. I get the impression many Packer fans are so used to having crap at ILB that they've forgotten that it is actually an important position in any defense and strength there can change a game and change things for everyone else on D. Hell, even Pettine said in his PC that a good D needs to protect the field from the inside out. We've gotten so used to mediocrity that even someone just solid and competent (though flawed) like Blake Martinez suddenly seems like a standout and a bedrock.

Blake Martinez isn't bad at all and had a solid yr 2.

lead the league in tackles
2nd in pass defensed by mid level backers
12th in int by mid level backers (1)
He had 9 TFL. league leader Wagner had 14

Not bad for a kid that wasn't full time until week 5

Im all for upgrading the group. Ryan is very average but Martinez is good and there is not reason he doesn't get better. Smith would look good next to him. Edmunds imo would be fine better on our D

Blake Martinez isn't bad at all and had a solid yr 2.

lead the league in tackles
2nd in pass defensed by mid level backers
12th in int by mid level backers (1)
He had 9 TFL. league leader Wagner had 14

Not bad for a kid that wasn't full time until week 5

Im all for upgrading the group. Ryan is very average but Martinez is good and there is not reason he doesn't get better. Smith would look good next to him. Edmunds imo would be fine better on our D

Since Pettine intends for his defense to be "multiple", they may use Martinez for some sub-packages and then may add Ryan or Matthews or Jones in other sub-packages.

I'm very curious to follow how this is all going to shake out. It's also why I hope they can make a play for a player like Zach Brown in free agency.............shore the position up for a couple years until you can draft the right guy to fit the spot.

Back