Post Game: Baltimore defeats GB 26-13

Packers preseason game No. 2 news and notes… 2) Matt LaFleur has been insistent that there will be no live tackling in practice, and that's the norm across the NFL, but he's going to need his defensive staff to figure something out – and soon. Missed tackles were abundant again on Thursday, a week after LaFleur said the Packers had two dozen of them in the preseason opener against the Ravens. Unofficially, the missed tackle numbers approached the 20s again. "As a whole defensively it wasn't good enough," LaFleur said. "There's way too many missed tackles."

Sorry after this crapfest you go to live tackling the players lost the right not to have to tackle after this piss poor performance

Winning is fun, but you learn more from an ass-whooping.

Re: the missed tackles, they can’t keep using the rolling donuts. I’m sure they can tackle fine against something with predictable speed, force, direction and mass, but that's not football. These guys keep slipping off as ball carriers change direction, and those donuts don’t change direction. They need to figure out a way to practice that.

Kizer remains a better option than Boyle and neither are good enough, IMO.
Summers a good player who misses way too many tackles.
Is ESB really a better player than Lazard? Is Davis really a better option than Shepherd?
Nothing from Gary again. Really early, but man he likes to just go through the motions sometimes.
Bolton played really well.

Wing,

I agree with everything you said; especially, St Brown and Davis. I think we are going to see some surprise cuts at WR.

I still do not agree with Kizer being better than Boyle. The WR's had 4 drops when Boyle was in there and they would have been first downs or bigger plays. Yes, he did have some bad throws but he did not play as bad as some people on here think. I do agree that we do really need to draft another QB next year. Neither of them look like the answer.

Packers preseason game No. 2 news and notes… 2) Matt LaFleur has been insistent that there will be no live tackling in practice, and that's the norm across the NFL, but he's going to need his defensive staff to figure something out – and soon. Missed tackles were abundant again on Thursday, a week after LaFleur said the Packers had two dozen of them in the preseason opener against the Ravens. Unofficially, the missed tackle numbers approached the 20s again. "As a whole defensively it wasn't good enough," LaFleur said. "There's way too many missed tackles."

Sorry after this crapfest you go to live tackling the players lost the right not to have to tackle after this piss poor performance

Full contact practice is restricted by rule.... we've been through this for the past several years. It's not something coaching staffs have a choice in. Blame CBA but the staff is limited in what it can do.

Full contact practice is restricted by rule.... we've been through this for the past several years. It's not something coaching staffs have a choice in. Blame CBA but the staff is limited in what it can do.

I get that but Baltimore had no problem bringing our guys down on first contact. There has to be something they're doing that we're not.

I get that but Baltimore had no problem bringing our guys down on first contact. There has to be something they're doing that we're not.
Honestly it's really not that simple. Some nights your guys come out flat and crappy. GB has been playing lousy on the road for awhile. There are other factors involved but lets wait into the regular season with our starters getting most of the snaps before we get into those.

I had to watch the game on replay from my DVR because I got home late. Didn't really take much time to digest things and just fast forwarded between plays but my general impression was that the defense really didn't seem much better than last year. They still have issues, but it's early. Offense was partly handicapped by inadequate QB play.

The single thing I came away with was that we didn't stop the run and were unable to run ourselves. That's a recipe for losing games plain and simple.

Individually, Kumerow continues to show up. Bolton looks like he'll be starting at ILB. Shepherd is a viable option in place of Davis. Lazard might get a roster spot - but has to be a priority for the PS if he doesn't. Dexter Williams did not help himself last night, but I still think he makes the team. Rashan Gary is an athlete who pops out at you but just doesn't seem to make plays.

Back