Post Game: Eagles defeat Packers 34-27

Thumbs Up

Aaron Rodgers- You have to put him here after over 400 yards and 2 TDs. We need to run the ball better but the O still goes through Arod. And the INT at the goal line was on MVS.
Alex Light- Without watching the tape, I think Light played well for coming in to replace Bulaga.
Adams- The guy is a stud.
Allison- The huge high catch over the middle and the TD catch. He still disappears for periods of time.

Thumbs Down

ST's- Once again they rear their ugly head
Crosby- Two horrible kick offs got the Eagles back into the game
Defense- This run D is putrid. Nothing has changed in that regard from last year. It seems like Pettine does not have a focus in that area. If this continues, it will bite us in the but later in the year.
Play Calling- 7 passes in a row on the two drives that we were inside the 5 yard line and 4 passes in a row from the 1 yard line. Unacceptable. Not sure if this is on Arod or ML but that needs to be fixed. Ridiculous.
Jimmy Graham- Two drops. One huge one in the endzone. Enough said.
MVS- Drop in the end zone at the end of the game. Ball hit him in the chest. And for those of you who will say the CB made the play, not true. Every throw is contested and if MVS catches the ball with his hands that is a TD.
Lazard- Drop in the end zone. I know they called PI but he still should have caught that ball.
Redmond- Was getting burned all night. He needs to not be on the field.
D-Line- Absolutely dominated all night. Kenny Clark was killed all night. Do we want to pay a guy that much money if he cannot handle a better Center?

I was accurate on AR breaking out this game but was way off on the D. The concern has risen to a high level after last nigh and the consistent horrible run defense. I have big concerns with Dallas next weekend. This D may not really be fixed at this point. Time will tell in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Any time you give up 34 points in a game, chances are, you'll lose. That said, how many of those points were strictly on the defense, and how many the direct result of giving the ball away for a short field scenario. Both situations happened in this game, and it all goes back to total points scored. You don't win too often when you give up 34.

AR drives me crazy with trying to get the defense to jump with his crazy cadence. Hardly anyone falls for that anymore. IMO he's wasting valuable time.
I was surprised to see that Pettine was not more prepared to stop the run. And they knew that the Eagles were good runs stoppers.

I thought the game was hard fought but just not good enough. I don't see any improvement in ST.

One last gripe. Why do they have the ability to challenge a non call when they are not going to overturn it? A blind man could see on Rey th a t MVS was interfered with.rant)nuts((

Last night was all about the trenches. Their OL dominated our DL and their DL dominated our OL, especially in the running game. Had we been able to run last night we might still have won a shoot-out 41-34 but we could not run the ball at all and it cost us twice at the goal-line.

We might have "modernized" but the ancient saying remains applicable - run the ball and stop the run and you'll win most of those games. The Eagles made that saying look true again last night.
Yup. Control the line - usually win. Simple game.

Back