Post Game: GB defeats Houston 28-26

One thing that stood out to me was when the defense was trying to get to the QB, so many of them over pursued. It was almost like they were running too hard, if that makes sense.

In many ways I could see Kumerow becoming a kind of folk hero to the fans. He is were he is supposed to be and for the most part makes the catches look easy. Not overwhelmed in the least.

One other thing. I would be interested in seeing more of Boyle. I know that Kizer is the preemptive Back-up but Boyle seemed almost more poised than Kizer. Granted I didn't see a lot of the 2nd half, but I didn't see Boyle missing his receivers as much as Kizer and I didn't like that Kizer could have gotten Shepard hurt. Needs better eyes.

In many ways I could see Kumerow becoming a kind of folk hero to the fans. He is were he is supposed to be and for the most part makes the catches look easy. Not overwhelmed in the least.

Kumerow = Whitewater Jesus

Kumerow = Whitewater Jesus

in the 8/11 practice notes posted by mark:
  • Aaron Rodgers rolls left and finds Jake Kumerow in the back of the end zone. Nice toe drag by Kumerow to stay in bounds for the 8 yard touchdown. Kumerow shielded CB Tony Brown with his back. He gets a Rodgers fist bump.
  • Jake Kumerow blows right by Ka’Dar Holman and DeShone Kizer drops it in the bucket for a big gain. 43 yards.
he seems to be one of the more trusted receivers in camp, and rodgers seems to like him a little more than you would expect for a 4th or 5th receiver. i'm happy with our depth at wr.

It may be too early, but what the heck! "I told you so!" ;)

The best synopsis of Kumerow I've read so far is that right now he is more likely to start alongside Adams than he is to get cut.

The best synopsis of Kumerow I've read so far is that right now he is more likely to start alongside Adams than he is to get cut.
I can't see Kumerow starting I think that is people hyping him to be better then he really is. IMO will have MVS outside and Allison in the slot.

Back