Post Game: Green Bay defeats San Francisco 30-28

I agree with this but let coach challenge any play with them
Not any play, forget false start of motion or delay of game and that crap. look at the reviews of PI...a disaster. I dont really think that solves anything

I agree on PI. It been reprehensible.
But where player safety is involved, like the Adams hit, I think it should be allowed.
I also think you give a coach 2 challenges, but they only get used up if the challenge is not up held.

The college targeting rule hasn’t negatively affected the length of the games.

NFL should scrap the subjective PI rule and focus on a defenseless player safety rule like the Adam hit.

Two-bits says Ward gets a Fed-Ex letter from the league office on Wednesday

I agree on PI. It been reprehensible.
But where player safety is involved, like the Adams hit, I think it should be allowed.
I also think you give a coach 2 challenges, but they only get used up if the challenge is not up held.

The college targeting rule hasn’t negatively affected the length of the games.

NFL should scrap the subjective PI rule and focus on a defenseless player safety rule like the Adam hit.

Two-bits says Ward gets a Fed-Ex letter from the league office on Wednesday
Well in college every play is reviewed so theres that also. And honestly even that targeting rule is not called consistently even with reviews.

Just remember this.....I know sound bytes are nice and so is the narrative but the NFL could give a rats ass about player safety

Well in college every play is reviewed so theres that also. And honestly even that targeting rule is not called consistently even with reviews.

Just remember this.....I know sound bytes are nice and so is the narrative but the NFL could give a rats ass about player safety
I wish that coaches would be proactive about that issue.
Their jobs could hang in the balance on plays like the Adams hit last night

I wish that coaches would be proactive about that issue.
Their jobs could hang in the balance on plays like the Adams hit last night
and honestly a challenge rule is not going to stop the hits, its hasn't in college and sure wont at the pro level.

Not any play, forget false start of motion or delay of game and that crap. look at the reviews of PI...a disaster. I dont really think that solves anything
But here again, a completely rewritten PI rule, geared towards being enforced with the benefit of today's technology, could make this much, much simpler.

~Any grasping, pulling or tugging is a foul. Instead of "Well I don't think the tug affected much blah blah blah." All I want to know is, did he do it. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~Any push off is a foul. Instead of "Well I don't think it created much separation." All I want to know is, did he push off. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~No contact beyond 5 yards from the LOS. Instead of "Well it wasn't much contact." All I want to know is, was there contact after 5 yards. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~ Etc., etc., etc.

Then tweak the rules as necessary. If "No contact beyond 5 yards" becomes a nightmare when actually called and enforced fairly, maybe change it to "No contact beyond 3 yards" (or 7 yards, or whatever). Just word it clearly and concisely without all the subjectivity.

What we have now certainly isn't working and the more we "fix" it the worse it gets.

But here again, a completely rewritten PI rule, geared towards being enforced with the benefit of today's technology, could make this much, much simpler.

~Any grasping, pulling or tugging is a foul. Instead of "Well I don't think the tug affected much blah blah blah." All I want to know is, did he do it. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~Any push off is a foul. Instead of "Well I don't think it created much separation." All I want to know is, did he push off. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~No contact beyond 5 yards from the LOS. Instead of "Well it wasn't much contact." All I want to know is, was there contact after 5 yards. Yes? It's a foul. No? Not a foul. Done.

~ Etc., etc., etc.

Then tweak the rules as necessary. If "No contact beyond 5 yards" becomes a nightmare when actually called and enforced fairly, maybe change it to "No contact beyond 3 yards" (or 7 yards, or whatever). Just word it clearly and concisely without all the subjectivity.

What we have now certainly isn't working and the more we "fix" it the worse it gets.
The unpopular reality is you could call a hold on 90%+ of the snaps right now, as to push off, then eliminate hand fighting and we then get Arena Football scores, its bad enough already. Hell no different than the college game to be honest. To me the only "fix" is consistency and not just week to week but down by down.

Back