Post Game: Oakland defeats Green Bay 22-21

HeartyHops

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hello, Canada!

Welcome to the twilight zone. Apparently, nobody bothered to actually look at the field until a couple of hours before the game. That seems odd. :) So, the game might not be played. Yes, it will. No, it won't. Murphy says it will. Maybe. Okay, the game will go on, but the field will be shortened to 80 yds for only the second time in NFL history (yeah, I read this somewhere, so it could be untrue). ML pulls all starters, as does Oakland, I believe. Yep. This just gets better and better.

An NFL spokesman said in a statement, "Tonight's game is being played on a reconfigured field. The field met the mandatory practices for the maintenance of surfaces for NFL games based on an inspection yesterday. Concerns arose today surrounding the area where the Blue Bombers' goal posts were previously located. The 10-yard line will function as the goal line at this game. In lieu of kickoffs, the ball will be placed at the 15-yard line."

As a mere observer, the surface didn't look at all fine to me. Players were frequently slipping, or getting a foot caught in the turf. At halftime, ML said the players didn't mention the field. Okay. In shout, I noticed several people thought the turf was fine, so that's probably just me.

ESB and Gary were carted off the field. Bolton on crutches.

Boyle had a slow start, but improved greatly in the second quarter. Davis was impressive, and Kumerow and Shepherd played well.

Kizer, blah

I was able to watch the first half and two series into the second. Not really much to take from a glorified controlled scrimmage other then I stand by 53 prediction and that IF we stay relatively healthy on O your going to be surprised with the production.

I was able to watch the first half and two series into the second. Not really much to take from a glorified controlled scrimmage other then I stand by 53 prediction and that IF we stay relatively healthy on O your going to be surprised with the production.
How did you watch the game? Did you watch the NFL Network replay at midnight?

Packers have some tough choices at WR. didn't think they were going to be this deep at WR. Lazard, Davis, and shephard all showed they can play at this level. I can't believe an offense that uses a route tree outside of "go deep" or "deep out" can actually create space for receivers and make it easy for QB's. WRs are working routes and getting WIDE OPEN. Haven't seen that in years. Can't wait to see rodgers in two weeks.

Packers have some tough choices at WR. didn't think they were going to be this deep at WR. Lazard, Davis, and shephard all showed they can play at this level. I can't believe an offense that uses a route tree outside of "go deep" or "deep out" can actually create space for receivers and make it easy for QB's. WRs are working routes and getting WIDE OPEN. Haven't seen that in years. Can't wait to see rodgers in two weeks.
That's encouraging.

But, until I see Rodgers pass the ball on time taking what's given, it means nothing

All of this vs base defenses....ask me when these guys are asked to make adjustments vs disguised coverage

Dan Orlovsky on Twitter

I once had a coach of mine in the NFL, while discussing #NFLPreseason and my playing time say “honestly, don’t care about the preseason and it’s games, there’s no value in them to me/us”...seems like the whole league thinks this way now. It’s in many ways, a mockery now..

Hello, Canada!

Welcome to the twilight zone. Apparently, nobody bothered to actually look at the field until a couple of hours before the game. That seems odd. :) So, the game might not be played. Yes, it will. No, it won't. Murphy says it will. Maybe. Okay, the game will go on, but the field will be shortened to 80 yds for only the second time in NFL history (yeah, I read this somewhere, so it could be untrue). ML pulls all starters, as does Oakland, I believe. Yep. This just gets better and better.

An NFL spokesman said in a statement, "Tonight's game is being played on a reconfigured field. The field met the mandatory practices for the maintenance of surfaces for NFL games based on an inspection yesterday. Concerns arose today surrounding the area where the Blue Bombers' goal posts were previously located. The 10-yard line will function as the goal line at this game. In lieu of kickoffs, the ball will be placed at the 15-yard line."

As a mere observer, the surface didn't look at all fine to me. Players were frequently slipping, or getting a foot caught in the turf. At halftime, ML said the players didn't mention the field. Okay. In shout, I noticed several people thought the turf was fine, so that's probably just me.

ESB and Gary were carted off the field. Bolton on crutches.

Boyle had a slow start, but improved greatly in the second quarter. Davis was impressive, and Kumerow and Shepherd played well.

Kizer, blah

I agree that the field looked terrible. I'm just hoping that no one was seriously hurt.

I also thought that Boyle got a slow start but was better as the game went on.

Davis played out of his mind.

The only value in the preseason is to the guy who's trying to play his way onto the team.

At least to me, there was always a difference when the guys I was playing against were not on my team.

Back