Post Game: Packers Defeat Rams Advance to NFC Championship

could see him possibly getting a promotion with the packers or getting taken away from us as a oc somewhere else. that would suck. he has done an outstanding job all season with all the changes we have had to make along the ol.
I remember Tom S and the rest of the media brain trust going on and on about the lack of an experienced OL coach. Stenovich was a risk but damn if ML’s instincts didn’t pay off.

Stenavich has a background that should have told the doubters that he had the potential to be a solid coach. We could argue that he's got the talent there to work with, but that would go against the grain of what too many have said about us having more duds than studs.

So, is it Stenavich is this good at his job or is there talent there? I think it's both. I tend to believe he's the kind of guy who brings out the best in the guys he's coaching.

Stenavich has a background that should have told the doubters that he had the potential to be a solid coach. We could argue that he's got the talent there to work with, but that would go against the grain of what too many have said about us having more duds than studs.

So, is it Stenavich is this good at his job or is there talent there? I think it's both. I tend to believe he's the kind of guy who brings out the best in the guys he's coaching.
Billy Turner and Rick Wagner were middling/mediocre cast offs and they’ve been part of a really solid unit. What else can you say about the coaching/attitude/scheme? Put the guys in a position to succeed and go go go.

Turner wasn’t paid like a middling cast off as a FA signing, IMO. Maybe he got off to a rocky start last year in a new system and now we are seeing more of what he’s capable of.
Wagner had a bad year in DET. But......it was DET.
I think what Stenavich is doing with these players is great and he deserves a ton of credit for what they have accomplished. But he has had more talent to work with than GB has been credited with.
Three-fifths of the OL made the pro bowl. That’s not bad at all.
Player acquisition needs to get some credit too.

Was really impressed with the running game. Clearly, right from the get-go ML thought it was something he could establish. The OL did it's job and then some. I felt from the start of the season that it was a decent group but had no depth. I was wrong on the second part - they are missing two guys who were starters at the beginning of the season and have not missed a beat. Jenkins is evidence that sometimes you need to use higher picks to fill those OL spots.

Am not surprised by anything Aaron Jones does anymore and unfortunately the better he plays, the less likely he is to remain a Packer. I really liked what Jamaal Williams did yesterday. Ran hard on every play. I don't think he had a negative yardage play. The last drive was fun to watch. He just pounded the ball on the Rams for a first down and sent the message that "you're not getting the ball back". They need to find a way to keep him if they lose Jones.

Lots of speculation last week that Dillon would not see the field because of his pass blocking and receiving deficiencies, so I was surprised we saw as much of him as we did. He too was effective. I suspect part of the reason he played more was that the Rams are not a heavy blitz team. They mostly just bring pressure with 4 and trust their back end to cover. With no blitzing to worry about, Dillon's pass blocking was likely not much of a consideration for ML.

Turner wasn’t paid like a middling cast off as a FA signing, IMO. Maybe he got off to a rocky start last year in a new system and now we are seeing more of what he’s capable of.
Wagner had a bad year in DET. But......it was DET.
I think what Stenavich is doing with these players is great and he deserves a ton of credit for what they have accomplished. But he has had more talent to work with than GB has been credited with.
Three-fifths of the OL made the pro bowl. That’s not bad at all.
Player acquisition needs to get some credit too.
And other than Bak what other PB’s have these guys made? Coaching matters. It’s a patch work group for a lot of the season

And other than Bak what other PB’s have these guys made? Coaching matters. It’s a patch work group for a lot of the season
I’m sorry.
I thought Jenkins and Linsley both got honors this year.

I’m sorry.
I thought Jenkins and Linsley both got honors this year.
They did, but I think the point is Jenkins development, Linsley playing better and the others getting the job done. Yes Bakh was an all-pro already

Back