Post Game: Raiders beat Packers 17-13

IMO Barry will be gone after this year. Also I think ML starts to feel a little heat on his seat. If 2024 is another losing season then that seat becomes pretty hot with I think 2025 being a get it done or you are done year for him.

I just finished the whole game finally, Thoughts:

The OL still isn't cutting it, and the pedestrians at RB don't help. Our WRs are young, run sloppy routes, and are underwhelming most of the time.

Love isn't going to look better when they pressure him like they do, his best play was the long run. If #12 looked iffy with this cast what makes anyone here think Love in year 1 as a starter will look great with them?

Case in point>>
@AndrewBrandt
·
18h
Packers Cap charge for all QBs, WRs, TEs: $17.3 million.Packers Cap charge for Aaron Rodgers: $40.3 million.

He's playing with the bargain bunch. Not blaming Rodgers, this lands on the heads of the Front office.

Defensively, I can't bitch much about Berry when his side only gave up 17. In his defense both our safeties played like garbage last night. Again if you are playing with second-tier guys at key spots and expecting this team to play lights out... best to start finding a good movie on Sundays.

This isn't getting fixed completely this season because we don't have the cap space to do it. You can fill 1-3 holes maybe. I would trade for a RB, a Safety, and a swing tackle. Or you stand pat and take your lumps and draft high next year and have some extra cash to fill depth in free agency. That's reality.

Borderline season-killing loss IMO. At least from a playoffs standpoint. Not seeing too many more road wins on the schedule (Denver, Carolina, and maybe the Giants?) if we couldn't pull this one out. You expect the growing pains but you also don't expect MLF to be this outmatched schematically. Just an absolute masterclass in vanilla play-calling resulting in getting your inexperienced QB killed out there. The Raiders defense had ONE **** guy you had to account for, and we couldn't/didn't account for him....

Borderline season-killing loss IMO. At least from a playoffs standpoint. Not seeing too many more road wins on the schedule (Denver, Carolina, and maybe the Giants?) if we couldn't pull this one out. You expect the growing pains but you also don't expect MLF to be this outmatched schematically. Just an absolute masterclass in vanilla play-calling resulting in getting your inexperienced QB killed out there. The Raiders defense had ONE **** guy you had to account for, and we couldn't/didn't account for him....
There were times MLF accounted for him with Tucker Kraft. Talk about putting a raw player in a bad spot… he’s going to hurt his development.

@ByRyanWood
·
49s

Matt LaFleur says it's important for offense to "have something to hang your hat on" as identity. Last night, he wanted to get more under center for power run game, and get Jordan Love out on perimeter. He says there weren't enough opportunities for Love on perimeter last night.

How about screw the run if Jones is out ML as the run won't work.

I’m not sure everyone appreciates how bad the roster ML has been handed is. This isn’t just about putting it together, the overall lack of talent and experience on offense really is bad. ML and Love can only do so much right now.

Back