POST GAME THREAD: GB Defeats Seahawks

Really kind of an up and down game. I thought that the offense played very well. Was really frustrated when Lacy got hurt and was concerned that they were going to run Starks into the ground. Glad to here that he does not appear to have a serious injury. I thought Starks did a good job of filling in as the RB.

Sorry to see Boyd go down although I have to admit that I don't recall his doing anything special. Raji showed up to play and helped get into the back field. I wonder who they will get to help with the DL.

I have to admit that I was getting frustrated with Wison was using the read option and the Packers looked like they had no answer for it.

But I was really impressed with Jayrone Elliott. Those 2 turnovers were fantastic.

The team fought hard and played to whole 60 minutes. I liked some of the creativity on the offense as well.

Now on to the Chiefs. Yikes. We have to tough teams back to back.

The answer to the read option is the same as its always been.....HIT THE QB.
You crash the end onto the QB. Might cost a few yards at first, but in the NFL they will stop calling that play if you're putting down their QB. Ask Chip Kelly, he whined about it, but if your QB is threatening to run he is free game.

I will be the first one to say, I said cut Stark's in favor of younger talent but he stood up to the teat on Sunday night. CLP)

I think Hyde needs a big time shout too. He made Graham suck his Baby). Awesome job on him.

I still think clock management was podo( and MM was out coached at times but overall we had a great game. br)

A great win by the Packers. I remember in 2012 and 2013 a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth that the 49ers and Seahawks had surpassed us. I said it wasn't fair to compare teams that were just reaching the top with one who was now dealing with the inevitable talent drain that comes from winning. We're starting to see that now with Seattle and to an extreme with SF. Once that QB gets paid, those draft picks get later in the round, and other salaries increase, you can fall off that pedestal very quickly. Seattle is still one of the elite teams, but they're clearly not as dominant as they were.

But take nothing away from the Packers. Amazing how much difference simply avoiding stupid mistakes will make.

Back