POST GAME THREAD: GB Defeats Seahawks

i have to admit that as i watched the third quarter my blood was boiling and all i could think was "here we go again". it looked like mccarthy got out-coached big time at the half again. so glad that they were able to figure it out during the fourth quarter and pull off the win. on offense, montgomery is looking like he can be something special for us. and on defense, it looks like raji has shaken off most of the rust and elliott just may be the missing ingredient in our pass rush.

Question to throw out there.. Had MM still been calling plays, do you think GB still comes back to win? Or did the new playcaller change things up just enough to let them get the lead back?

[BCOLOR=#fbfbff]Interesting question cheese. No way to know of course, but I'd say Mac might have done just as well. That said, so far, I like how Clements is call the plays.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#fbfbff]Not sure if you would get an answer, but my question would be if that 2 slot personnel package they used on one of those last drives was Clements idea or McCarthy's. With both Cobb and Monty in the game, Seattle seemed to have more problems covering, and containing after the catch. A different wrinkle. I think it has potential to put the ball in the hands of guys that can do some things in space. Monty is probably not ready to run all the routes on offense and his limited speed might limit what he can do on the outside, but getting him the ball on short throws and letting him work in space seems like the best way to get him to contribute early.[/BCOLOR]

Big round of applause to Crosby for becoming Packers all time leading scorer.

As far as wins in Week 2, they don't really get much bigger than this one. Hard to really complain about much besides the first two Seattle drives in the second half.

I'm just hoping Lacy isn't out for an extended period of time, but Starks looked pretty good last night too.

So in the what have you done for me lately sense, that was about the best win I can remember in a long time.

Concerns;
O-line with Bulaga out
Stopping the run
Stopping Graham
Getting off the field on 3rd down
Special teams

All came through with flying colors. Good day to be a Packer fan. And really happy for Pennel. I liked him last year and was hoping we might have something with him. He really seemed to up his game and fill that Johnny Jolly big body role.

Great game. defense played well. Rodgers is a beast. what really surprised me was Montgomery. Watching him all preseason I thought he was going to be good, but holy crap, he is HUGE. He may be a stud and hopefully he keeps developing.

I want to say kudos to Clements and Rodgers for switching up the play calling and going short/quick passes with Cobb in the backfield to minimize the rush.

I'm really on the Raji bandwagon after this game. He continually shoved their center straight back. The only thing Seattle had going was Wilson's running. It would be nice if HaHa would have caught one of the two balls he had legitimate chances at. Overall, considering I held my breath until the very end, we actually smoked them. Jordy, Bulaga, Lacy, Barrington and Guion out; Adams and Cobb impeded.....and they still won by 10 points. Crosby has been money so far. Tough match next week, but we are playing well if not pretty. Big thumbs up!

Ah, the joys of negativism. Now, instead of being concerned that Raji will produce like he has since 2010, I'm concerned that they won't be able to sign him after this year. :)

Back