Post Game Thread GB Destroys Detroit 42-21

I have guarded optimism in regards to this win. I just don't think the Lions are that good of a team.

Aaron Jones had a great game. Our offensive line looked pretty good, or was it that the Lions defensive front 7 was that bad? Let's call it a push. Our line did play well, but at what level? How will it hold up down the line?

Rodgers played well. Once again, a lot of drops.

Our defense played it's best with only one defensive lineman on the field. The quicker linebackers were frustrating their offensive line. Neat wrinkle that worked. It gave Gary a chance to play, and he did not disappoint us. Maybe he's found his niche?

I'm not saying I want to see a one lineman defense, just saying it was interesting, and seemed to work.

I agree. It's really hard to gage how this team is doing yet. The Vikings can't buy a win right now and Detroit is well Detroit. I am nervous about the Saints game, especially if Adams can't play. That is going to be one tough game.

Bright spots
  • Gary is showing signs of life.
  • Rodgers looks more comfortable in the offense. More command
  • Jones is explosive. Plays with a purpose and can change the game
  • OL is better than expected but depth is still a long term concern
Not so bright
  • TE is unsettled but that’s not breaking news. Someone has to step up
  • Drops are unacceptable, nothing more needs to be said
  • Past Adams WR is at best average. Lazard has flashed but noting more than an afterthought/ option

We are 2-0

Stat guys only have MVS with 2 drops. I don’t remember a drop from him in this game either.
Not saying he’s a number 1 receiver but right now he’s just fine at 3rd in yards per catch and 13th in total yards. He also is tied for 3rd in receptions over 20 yards.
80 yards per game on 3.5 catches is a great compliment to Adams

Stat guys only have MVS with 2 drops. I don’t remember a drop from him in this game either.
Not saying he’s a number 1 receiver but right now he’s just fine at 3rd in yards per catch and 13th in total yards. He also is tied for 3rd in receptions over 20 yards.
80 yards per game on 3.5 catches is a great compliment to Adams

He's that speed guy that can stretch the field yet he's also the speed guy that can wreak havoc on those crossers. I'm excited to see his progression this year.

So Gary just over 50% of the snaps played on Sunday. Guess so much for this BS of finding ways to put him on the field. I think last week he was only at about 60% of the snaps. Sorry if I expect a top 15 pick in last years draft to be able to play more then half a game each week.

for comparison sake:
the top of the new orleans aints draft -- an inside offensive lienman, a backup tight end, and a backup linebacker -- has combined to play something like 9 snaps.

Most of those guys on the ground were double teamed or rolled up on. Really nitpicking if that is what he wants to complain about. It is a top 10 defense in terms of yards.

without clark, this d-line is not good at all. it is the achilles heel of the defense. keke has had some some nice moments, but lowrey and lancaster are backups at best. and adams is a waste of a roster spot.

without clark, this d-line is not good at all. it is the achilles heel of the defense. keke has had some some nice moments, but lowrey and lancaster are backups at best. and adams is a waste of a roster spot.
Agree I said before that without Clark this is the worst DL in the NFL. I don't see one guy on this DL that is not named Clark that would start in the NFL on other teams. Heck Lowrey might be the only guy who would be a backup rotation guy guys like Lancaster and Adams and Kingsley might not even be on a teams roster as they are low quality backups at best.

Outside of Clark and Adams when was the last time the Packers went out and spent a Day 1 or 2 pick on DL or signed a good FA for the DL?

Back