Post Game Thread: Green Bay defeats New Orleans 37-30

Post game Rodgers said they were shading coverage towards MVS.

That's the beauty of having Rodgers and a coaching staff that can read defenses well. They can see the tendencies, and reactions, and exploit them during the course of a game. This is what coaching is all about. Create the unexpected, but make it look like you are doing the expected.

Collinsworth mentioned that the Packers work at the most minute details of making so many plays look identical until after the snap, when the play is developing. It stops defenses from keying on you, and knowing what you're going to run. That's what got McCarthy in trouble near the end in GB. He tried to micromanage down to a level that required personnel packages that were so unique for each play that they were given away to the defense. Not happening with ML.

If you wanted to see what I meant, regarding McCarthy's play calling, watching the Dallas game yesterday it was obvious, until the last 3 drives, when he went with a base best offense and let Dak make the calls of a series of potential plays at the line of scrimmage. It damned near worked. It looked like they had the Seachickens.

Collinsworth mentioned that the Packers work at the most minute details of making so many plays look identical until after the snap, when the play is developing. It stops defenses from keying on you, and knowing what you're going to run.

i'm really liking lafleur's offense this season. and it sure seems like rodgers is liking it too.

When is ML going to get a little national recognition?
16-3 to start his career.
A record W/L ratio for new HC’s.

refreshing to see plays that scheme open a receiver in such a way that AR can throw on time to a spot and an open receiver is there.

I wonder if MM was watching & taking notes?sneaky:

That's the beauty of having Rodgers and a coaching staff that can read defenses well. They can see the tendencies, and reactions, and exploit them during the course of a game. This is what coaching is all about. Create the unexpected, but make it look like you are doing the expected.

Collinsworth mentioned that the Packers work at the most minute details of making so many plays look identical until after the snap, when the play is developing. It stops defenses from keying on you, and knowing what you're going to run. That's what got McCarthy in trouble near the end in GB. He tried to micromanage down to a level that required personnel packages that were so unique for each play that they were given away to the defense. Not happening with ML.

If you wanted to see what I meant, regarding McCarthy's play calling, watching the Dallas game yesterday it was obvious, until the last 3 drives, when he went with a base best offense and let Dak make the calls of a series of potential plays at the line of scrimmage. It damned near worked. It looked like they had the Seachickens.
Remember though Dallas is not MM offense he kept the same offense from last year and the OC is calling the plays.

See Gary had a season low 30% snaps played with only 18 snaps This team needs to figure out a way to get him on the field more. I thought last night with Kirksey hurt maybe he would have seen more snaps at ILB. Or perhaps they need to start playing him more of a rotation with Preston Smith as he has not done much the first 3 games himself.

Back