Post Game Thread : Packers Knock Off Rams 24-10

To me it seems like Rodgers is being ultra conservative again. He doesn't throw the ball deep unless it is a sure thing or a free play. Not sure if he is afraid of TOs or if he doesn't trust his receivers to make the play but I think rp nailed it above. You need to try or you will never know. Now that the streak is over maybe he can let it fly a little more.

I see what you both are saying; however, AR prides himself on being TO free in games. It helps us win a lot of games.

If we look at the St. Louis game, if Richard Rodgers catches the crossing route it is probably a TD. If RR does not have the penalty on the FG, we score three more. Now our offense scored 27 on a solid defense and we win 34-10. RR will not drop that pass normally and he does not usually have a ton of penalties.

I agree with your point and I think you are correct that AR is being a little conservative but I would be too if I had no deep threat and essentially all rookie WR's after Cobb and Jones. With the way the defense is playing right now, if we are scoring 20 points or more we have a good shot of winning.

I wouldn't want AR to change his style just because the offense has struggles at times. I think we are adjusting offensively to the injuries we have had.

After two semi-productive weeks and knowing Jones and Cobb are a little dinged up, I'd like to see Abbredaris or Janis get a few more snaps this week in order to try to stretch the defense a little.

To me it seems like Rodgers is being ultra conservative again. He doesn't throw the ball deep unless it is a sure thing or a free play. Not sure if he is afraid of TOs or if he doesn't trust his receivers to make the play but I think rp nailed it above. You need to try or you will never know. Now that the streak is over maybe he can let it fly a little more.

Counterpoint the Pats have made a living off that kind of offense the last few years and won a SB with it. I think the whole "gotta go deep "thing is a little overstated.

Truthfully everyone's a little spoiled to "offensive explosions " with a lot of points. These close/hard fought games help you more down the stretch than 42 point blowouts.

I see what you both are saying; however, AR prides himself on being TO free in games. It helps us win a lot of games.

...I think you are correct that AR is being a little conservative but I would be too if I had no deep threat ...

i think maybe we do have a deep threat. but the powers to be are being overly conservative and not even giving the guy a chance.

Agreed, RB.

I assume you are talking about Janis. Yeah, only in a couple of times. Not understanding that. We could give him some patterns that he is confident with first and get him involved. Then maybe he could rip one off for a deep gain.

just finished reading another article that was posted in another thread saying that janis is still out of place whenever he lines up, which i find difficult to believe because i still have not seen hime take a single offensive snap. maybe i missed something, but if he has been given any opportunity at all, i have not seen it.

He did have a couple of snaps.

Can't remember what game it was. He went deep on a go route and he was covered like a blanket. AR overthrew him, I think.

It's pretty obvious when reading between the lines that Janis isn't doing the things in practice necessary to earn the trust of Rodgers and the coaching staff, at least as far as the offense goes (he seems to be solid on special teams). At times Rodgers has praised nearly every WR on the roster, but never Janis. Sounds like he's a long way from being what they need him to be as a WR.

It's pretty obvious when reading between the lines that Janis isn't doing the things in practice necessary to earn the trust of Rodgers and the coaching staff, at least as far as the offense goes (he seems to be solid on special teams). At times Rodgers has praised nearly every WR on the roster, but never Janis. Sounds like he's a long way from being what they need him to be as a WR.

Sounds like he's a 7th round developmental pick whose ceiling is being a core ST player but not a major offensive contributor. Nothing wrong with that, and not set in stone, but a little disappointing based on the physical potential.

Back