Projected Final 53

Mark are you assuming Ibrahim Campbell is on PUP and that’s why they keep Jones? Because Pete seems to love the guy and Jones is clearly being kept on the shelf for some purpose

Mark are you assuming Ibrahim Campbell is on PUP and that’s why they keep Jones? Because Pete seems to love the guy and Jones is clearly being kept on the shelf for some purpose

They can love Campbell all they want but he hasn't taken a snap in a long time, keeping the best guys we know about now on the 53. They could move Jones I suppose but they have bigger issues elsewhere that to me say he gets this season to show his stuff.

27 on offense and 23 on defense was the only surprise for me. but as tw said, these do seem to be the most likely players. and even with 27 on offense we are throwing away two of the three receivers that we drafted last year. doesn't say a lot for gute's first draft.

27 on offense and 23 on defense was the only surprise for me. but as tw said, these do seem to be the most likely players. and even with 27 on offense we are throwing away two of the three receivers that we drafted last year. doesn't say a lot for gute's first draft.

The only thing worse than missing on a player is sticking with him too long and letting better players go. That’s the game TT played.

Besides, I think at least Moore has PS eligibility.

he's the only one i don't mind getting rid of. esb was looking pretty good towards the end of last season.
Yep that's why if it came down to the end I would rather keep St. Brown and Shepard over guys like Moore and Davis. Moore 2 years and still can't catch a pass. Davis going into his 4 year and all he has shown is he is injury plagued and has no real value as a WR.

When it comes to Davis v. Shepherd it might not just be ability & availability.
Letting Davis go saves the Packers a small piece of cap space, but his pending FA in 2020 may be a bigger factor since Shepherd is cheaper AND under contract through 2021, and then will likely be an ERFA/RFA for another year, ,meaning GB controls his contract for the next 4 years.

If Shepherd makes it might be most impressive player making roster in quite a few years for Packers. He did not even get signed right away as a UDFA after the draft. He got a invite to rookie camp impressed and got signed after that.

Reactions: TW
Guys I would put on the PS if cut and clear waviers (St. Brown, Lazard, Fadol Brown, Wilkens/Boyle, Crawford, Summers, Nijman, Sagapolu, Dexter Williams, and one guy from another team)

The hardest cuts will come at WR.

If Lazard keeps playing like he has, and keeps stacking success in practice, he's going to make it hard for them to let him go.
And I doubt he clears waivers.

Just listen to Hackett last interview.

Hackett Presser

Back