Rds 2-3 . . . who's left

57packer

Reaction score
So, who's it gonna be on Day 2. There's lots of draft left. I think we could see a trade up but I'm going to assume they stay at 62 and 92.

Guys who seem to fit needs at 62 and fits their "athletic" profile:
- Sam Cosmi, OT - a stretch to still be there
- Dylan Radunz, OT - also a stretch to still be there
- Walker Little, OT - intriguing guy who's been rising on boards. Injured in 2019, opted out in 2020.
- D'Wayne Eskridge, WR - much smaller than they prefer
- Nico Collins, WR - more in the size range they like
- Quinn Meinerz, C/OG - not sure they'd take an IOL this early, but they did with Jenkins, so who knows
- Alim McNeil, DL - I mocked him in Rd3, but figured it might take a trade up. He'd still be a decent option at 62.
- Pete Werner, LB - would the Packers finally grab a LB in an early round?

Fits at 92:
- Paulson Adebo, CB - not a fan of a double dip this early, but the Packers have done it before
- Ambry Thomas, CB - a round too high for me but maybe not too early for the Packers. Ditto the above about an early double dip
- Tommy Tremble, TE - they wouldn't go TE again in Rd 3, would they ???
- Divine Deablo, S - a round or two too early for me, but he might be that athletic hybrid S/LB to replace Raven Greene
- Tommy Togiai, DT - solid interior defender with some pass rush ability
- Daviyon Nixon, DT - has been falling due to rumored "attitude/coachability" issues. I think someone takes him before this.
- Dyami Brown, WR - maybe this is the round for a WR
- Wyatt Davis, OG - still think they won't go this early for an OG

I've missed a bunch of guys some of whom I think would make sense, but probably aren't on the Packers board. I left out guys like Asante Samuel and Javon Holland because I don't think they'd be there at 62 and I don't see them trading up for them. I also don't think a guy like Rondale Moore is in their plans even though they have talked to him. A guy I probably should have included in Rd 3 is Demetric Felton. The Packers have had contact with him and he'd be a Tyler Ervin replacement but I don't think he's worth it until Rd 4.

So, who's it gonna be on Day 2. There's lots of draft left. I think we could see a trade up but I'm going to assume they stay at 62 and 92.

Guys who seem to fit needs at 62 and fits their "athletic" profile:
- Sam Cosmi, OT - a stretch to still be there
- Dylan Radunz, OT - also a stretch to still be there
- Walker Little, OT - intriguing guy who's been rising on boards. Injured in 2019, opted out in 2020.
- D'Wayne Eskridge, WR - much smaller than they prefer
- Nico Collins, WR - more in the size range they like
- Quinn Meinerz, C/OG - not sure they'd take an IOL this early, but they did with Jenkins, so who knows
- Alim McNeil, DL - I mocked him in Rd3, but figured it might take a trade up. He'd still be a decent option at 62.
- Pete Werner, LB - would the Packers finally grab a LB in an early round?

Fits at 92:
- Paulson Adebo, CB - not a fan of a double dip this early, but the Packers have done it before
- Ambry Thomas, CB - a round too high for me but maybe not too early for the Packers. Ditto the above about an early double dip
- Tommy Tremble, TE - they wouldn't go TE again in Rd 3, would they ???
- Divine Deablo, S - a round or two too early for me, but he might be that athletic hybrid S/LB to replace Raven Greene
- Tommy Togiai, DT - solid interior defender with some pass rush ability
- Daviyon Nixon, DT - has been falling due to rumored "attitude/coachability" issues. I think someone takes him before this.
- Dyami Brown, WR - maybe this is the round for a WR
- Wyatt Davis, OG - still think they won't go this early for an OG

I've missed a bunch of guys some of whom I think would make sense, but probably aren't on the Packers board. I left out guys like Asante Samuel and Javon Holland because I don't think they'd be there at 62 and I don't see them trading up for them. I also don't think a guy like Rondale Moore is in their plans even though they have talked to him. A guy I probably should have included in Rd 3 is Demetric Felton. The Packers have had contact with him and he'd be a Tyler Ervin replacement but I don't think he's worth it until Rd 4.
You don't need a Tyler Ervin replacement you just drafted one in the 1st round in Stokes as he was reported to have 4.25 40 speed. If true I can see him being used to also return kicks.

With how Gute is making the picks I would have zero idea who he might take. For all we know Gute might take another CB and a OLB today.

You don't need a Tyler Ervin replacement you just drafted one in the 1st round in Stokes as he was reported to have 4.25 40 speed. If true I can see him being used to also return kicks.

I don't believe he returned kicks and punts in college, so why would they trust him to do it in the NFL. Ervin also lined up on offense, both at RB and in the slot. Stokes can't do that either A guy like Felton did return kicks in college, and lined up at RB and in the slot. More of a true Ervin replacement.

They NEED a KR/PR in this draft.
They were SOL when Ervin went down last year, and Austin crapped the bed when they brought him in.

They NEED a KR/PR in this draft.
They were SOL when Ervin went down last year, and Austin crapped the bed when they brought him in.
As been mentioned though this is a weak draft class talent a guy you take late on day 3 would be a UDFA in 2022 draft so do you just make do with what you have on roster or find a vet who is cheap to make due in 2021.

As been mentioned though this is a weak draft class talent a guy you take late on day 3 would be a UDFA in 2022 draft so do you just make do with what you have on roster or find a vet who is cheap to make due in 2021.
Trade some of the extra picks this year for picks next year with that knowledge?

Trade some of the extra picks this year for picks next year with that knowledge?
In a perfect world sure but 31 other teams value 2022 picks also

I don’t think the new ST’s coach would feel that way.
I’d bet he wants them to find him a returner.

I think our return man was the guy we got in the first round.

Back