Read it REALLY slow.....

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
THIS>> is for some of the crap a few have given before, read and let it sink in.

@CoachDanCasey
·
6m

"Coach [Andy] Reid says it all the time - the NFL is 3 to 5 years behind College and 3 to 5 years behind High School." - Mike Kafka (OC - New York Giants) Most innovation in Offensive Football goes from HS to College to the NFL. Not the other way around.

Last year, I was complimenting an FBS Coordinator on a really creative play call. He laughed and said, "We got it off a HS Recruit's Highlight Tape!"

So UW should hire a HS coach ;)

So UW should hire a HS coach ;)
I have known a few HS coaches who could have done a helluva job coaching at the DI level. I'd bet a dollar to a donut Mark knows of a couple or more in his neck of the woods who would give it a good shot even now.

When you look at some of the HS programs we see in the South, they're more advanced tha DIII colleges in a lot of cases.

I remember when Lance Liepold was heading to Buffalo. Comments were made about him being nothing more than a "glorified HS coach," at the DIII level. I said it then, and will say it again. That was wrong.

I have known a few HS coaches who could have done a helluva job coaching at the DI level. I'd bet a dollar to a donut Mark knows of a couple or more in his neck of the woods who would give it a good shot even now.

When you look at some of the HS programs we see in the South, they're more advanced tha DIII colleges in a lot of cases.

I remember when Lance Liepold was heading to Buffalo. Comments were made about him being nothing more than a "glorified HS coach," at the DIII level. I said it then, and will say it again. That was wrong.
No doubt TW. There's a lot of coaching talent in those HS ranks across this country.

The point is/was that more innovation goes on at that level out of necessity, so as a DC I might see pistol wing-t with multisets one week, the next week it's an air raid spread pro attack, the third week it's double wing and flexbone out of the pistol .... you have to be able to adapt and go. The pro spread your seeing in the NFL started in HS and moved up..not the other way around.

The point is/was that more innovation goes on at that level out of necessity, so as a DC I might see pistol wing-t with multisets one week, the next week it's an air raid spread pro attack, the third week it's double wing and flexbone out of the pistol .... you have to be able to adapt and go. The pro spread your seeing in the NFL started in HS and moved up..not the other way around.
Yup! And even today, there are football coaches out there creating variations of everything we know on offense and defense, causing the opposition to tear their hair out, wondering what they need to do now, to neutralize what they see, and win some plays.

Just run the wing T formation old tried and true LOL

I went to my nephew's 9-10yo game, everyone just pushed everyone else around in a big pile until the biggest kid popped loose with the ball and scored a TD. Can't wait for the Packers to run that play!

I went to my nephew's 9-10yo game, everyone just pushed everyone else around in a big pile until the biggest kid popped loose with the ball and scored a TD. Can't wait for the Packers to run that play!
That sounds like rugby!

Back