Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for all the cap guys.

I don't believe we are going to get offered much for Rodgers, and I believe he has some control over where he could be traded.

My little Gypsy Fortune Teller, tells me our front office will:

• Not recognize this year's playoff performance and a revisit of other playoff performances will reduce Rodgers' value to teams seeking championships
  • Not recognize Rodgers recent public display of his attitude probably reduces his value
  • Overestimate his value believing we should get at least a Stafford type deal
  • Not recognize that other teams know we're in cap hell with little options
  • Not recognize the impact of Rodgers trade location powers - whether contractual or screw you I'm retiring - and will not be able to successfully negotiate around it
And, will not get a trade accomplished.

So, the questions based on my thoughts above are:

1. If we have to just let him go, are we hit with all his salary cap hit?
  2. Or, if #1 is true and we get hit with all his salary cap hit, do we just keep him because what the hell it doesn't matter, we're screwed anyway we might as well enjoy his 3-4 how the hell he do that moments?

I have a question for all the cap guys.

I don't believe we are going to get offered much for Rodgers, and I believe he has some control over where he could be traded.

My little Gypsy Fortune Teller, tells me our front office will:

• Not recognize this year's playoff performance and a revisit of other playoff performances will reduce Rodgers' value to teams seeking championships
  • Not recognize Rodgers recent public display of his attitude probably reduces his value
  • Overestimate his value believing we should get at least a Stafford type deal
  • Not recognize that other teams know we're in cap hell with little options
  • Not recognize the impact of Rodgers trade location powers - whether contractual or screw you I'm retiring - and will not be able to successfully negotiate around it
And, will not get a trade accomplished.

So, the questions based on my thoughts above are:

1. If we have to just let him go, are we hit with all his salary cap hit?
  2. Or, if #1 is true and we get hit with all his salary cap hit, do we just keep him because what the hell it doesn't matter, we're screwed anyway we might as well enjoy his 3-4 how the hell he do that moments?
Yes still a cap hit even if he retires. And no he’s not playing in GB in 2022/23

Yes still a cap hit even if he retires. And no he’s not playing in GB in 2022/23
I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, his contract says he can't be traded until after new league year so cap hits GB no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back