Silverstein: Aaron Rodgers bears equal blame for failures of Packers' offense

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Silverstein: Aaron Rodgers bears equal blame for failures of Packers' offense

Some interesting things in this article. It'snot an MM apologist piece per se. But it does call out Arod on plays from the SEA game.

I do have a problem with one paragraph though:

Even Rodgers, who has griped behind the scenes that he’s not thrilled with the offense and hinted as much publicly once this season, has stated that he gets plenty of say each week in the game plan. No, the Packers aren’t running the same offense as the Chiefs or Los Angeles Rams, but they do give their quarterback options to change plays before the snap or improvise after it.

Having freedom to change the call at the line is not the same as having a say in the weekly game planning.

Yeah, I agree AR needs to play better in certain scenarios but there are a lot of other factors involved here. AR is partly to blame but not as much as this article states. This team is void of talent and good coaching. A QB cannot cover everything. Some things but not everything.

Yeah, I agree AR needs to play better in certain scenarios but there are a lot of other factors involved here. AR is partly to blame but not as much as this article states. This team is void of talent and good coaching. A QB cannot cover everything. Some things but not everything.

The SEA game is a perfect example of why MM deserves to be skewered every time he gives vets time off in camp.. That is when this team needs to time gel, Arod needs time to get used to his newer players etc.. Because it gets compounded during a busy season.

I also think that his yips are largely due to his not being able to trust his OL.. He has had 3 major injuries in the past three years. It screws with your mind. When you're worried about the OL you aren't seeing the field because you're always worried about what's happening in front of you. That's how you miss open recievers and check downs.

Everyone needs a reboot. GB should send all these guys to a buddhist retreat and get them to get in touch with and control over their minds/emotions... Screw the granola juice cleanses and whatever else that yahoo brought with him..

That being said. When you are the highest paid QB in the NFL you better damn well be able to overcome most of that stuff. Even if you aren't 100%.. They don't pay you to be above average they pay you to be superman.

Back