So it begins.....Draft Sim 2018

I would say no, not taking qb 1st round regardless of who it is. Qb wont come til mid to late rounds for me.

Such a tough call. This can go either way on a team. You draft him at #14 and if Rodgers stays relatively healthy for the next 4 seasons, your first round pick never contributes, and you look stupid when he goes to another team in FA. You don't take him, and Rodgers gets hurt or retires, and you look stupid for not taking him. Coin flip on how this works out.

Such a tough call. This can go either way on a team. You draft him at #14 and if Rodgers stays relatively healthy for the next 4 seasons, your first round pick never contributes, and you look stupid when he goes to another team in FA. You don't take him, and Rodgers gets hurt or retires, and you look stupid for not taking him. Coin flip on how this works out.

IMO if one of those top three QBs fall, it's not about Rodgers staying healthy, it's about whether or not that new guy forces you to move on from Rodgers. If Rodgers himself didn't turn the corner going into the 2007 season, there is no way GB dumps Favre. They had him under contract regardless, so they could pick the best guy and go with him. In this scenario, GB drafts a good QB prospect at 14 and they still sign Rodgers to an extension. If the time comes and new guy looks legit, you move on from Rodgers. If he doesn't, you still have AR.

IMO if one of those top three QBs fall, it's not about Rodgers staying healthy, it's about whether or not that new guy forces you to move on from Rodgers. If Rodgers himself didn't turn the corner going into the 2007 season, there is no way GB dumps Favre. They had him under contract regardless, so they could pick the best guy and go with him. In this scenario, GB drafts a good QB prospect at 14 and they still sign Rodgers to an extension. If the time comes and new guy looks legit, you move on from Rodgers. If he doesn't, you still have AR.
This might not be poplular, but to continue our run of excellent QB play we've enjoyed for 25 years you need to take a risk like this. We have a lot of picks this year. Even though we pick at 14 we still seem to be outside looking in at the blue chippers. If Rosen, Allen or Darnold happen to fall (most likely Rosen) I think we should jump on it. It helps our leverage with ARodgers and IF the kid happens to develop and is ready in two or three years? WIN WIN. Aaron's style of play leaves him open to taking big hits. Injury's are going to continue to happen. Plus, Aaron is playing his cards right and he will be ready to move on when he wants to. (He recently helped produce some shows on the NFL network dealing with draftees).

As I read somewhere else: We should Favre him before he Favres us.

I like this draft a lot until beginning of round 5. I accumulated too many late picks in trade downs and missed the chance to move up in round 4 to take advantage of good value there. Wheels came off at that point. Oh well.

Your score is: 23687 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (N.E.): Landry, Harold, OLB/DE, Boston College (A-)
Round 1 Pick 31 (N.E.): Hernandez, Will, OG, Texas-El Paso (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A-)
Round 3 Pick 19 (BALT): Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Thomas, Ian, TE, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (BALT): Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33: Schultz, Dalton, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17 (BALT): Richardson, Will, OT, North Carolina State (A)
Round 5 Pick 35: Reed, DJ, CB, Kansas State (A)
Round 5 Pick 37: Nichols, Bilal, DT, Delaware (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12: Thomas, Roc, RB, Jacksonville State (A)
Round 6 Pick 33: Litton, Chase, QB, Marshall (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Dion Hamilton, Shaun, ILB, Alabama (A-)
Round 7 Pick 21: Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)

It seems I like the drafts more when I start with an EDGE instead of a CB.

I think that's because EDGE seems to be gone after the top 20, while there seem to be corners and WR available into Round 3, at least in the projections. GB

14: R1P14 EDGE HAROLD LANDRY BOSTON COLLEGE
45: R2P13 CB ISAIAH OLIVER COLORADO
76: R3P12 TE DALLAS GOEDERT SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
101: R4P1 WR DAESEAN HAMILTON PENNSYLVANIA STATE
133: R4P33 CB HOLTON HILL TEXAS
138: R5P1 DL ANDREW BROWN VIRGINIA
172: R5P35 LB OREN BURKS VANDERBILT
174: R5P37 OT JOSEPH NOTEBOOM TEXAS CHRISTIAN
186: R6P12 LB JACK CICHY WISCONSIN
207: R6P33 EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG KANSAS
232: R7P14 S DANE CRUIKSHANK ARIZONA
239: R7P21 C BRIAN ALLEN MICHIGAN STATE

CBS Tarasso big board:

14: R1P14 CB JAIRE ALEXANDER LOUISVILLE
45: R2P13 WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS
76: R3P12 EDGE LORENZO CARTER GEORGIA
101: R4P1 S TARVARIUS MOORE SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
133: R4P33 LB GENARD AVERY MEMPHIS
138: R5P1 TE IAN THOMAS INDIANA
172: R5P35 C MASON COLE MICHIGAN
174: R5P37 DL ANDREW BROWN VIRGINIA
186: R6P12 CB DANE CRUIKSHANK ARIZONA
207: R6P33 OT BRIAN O'NEILL PITTSBURGH
232: R7P14 LB JACK CICHY WISCONSIN
239: R7P21 RB JUSTIN JACKSON NORTHWESTERN

This worked out well... Find TE or die draft.

Your score is: 23069 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Carter, Lorenzo, OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12: Jackson, Donte, CB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (NYJ): Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33: Herndon, Christopher, TE, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Fumagalli, Troy, TE, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 20 (NYJ): Ballage, Kalen, RB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35: Ford, Poona, DT, Texas (A)
Round 5 Pick 37: Crabtree, Zachary, OT, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 5 (NYJ): Litton, Chase, QB, Marshall (A)
Round 6 Pick 12: Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Jacobs, Leon, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Wilson, Cedrick, WR, Boise State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Izzo, Ryan, TE, Florida State (A)

The program had QB Darnold available at 14??? I don't think so, ignored that and went with Best player available. I like the way the board came together, Had a choice between WR Hamilton and WR Miller at 101. I think Hamilton is one of the best route runner but Miller has great hands and is very elusive once he catches the ball. 5 days and counting:)

14: R1P14 CB JOSH JACKSON IOWA
45: R2P13 G WILL HERNANDEZ UTEP
76: R3P12 EDGE LORENZO CARTER GEORGIA
101: R4P1 WR DAESEAN HAMILTON PENN STATE
133: R4P33 OT ALEX CAPPA HUMBOLDT STATE
138: R5P1 CB QUENTON MEEKS STANFORD
172: R5P35 LB JACK CICHY WISCONSIN
174: R5P37 DL KENTAVIUS STREET NC STATE
186: R6P12 TE TYLER CONKLIN CENTRAL MICHIGAN
207: R6P33 LB OREN BURKS VANDERBILT
232: R7P14 S DANE CRUIKSHANK ARIZONA
239: R7P21 RB CHASE EDMONDS FORDHAM