So Jerry Jones is mad.....

TW

Reaction score
Jones is mad as a hornet because the league suspended his star RB, Elliott. The truth of the matter is, the guy has a history of bad behavior, and seems to think it's okay, because he's a big time football player.

Jerry Jones should be mad at his star RB, but instead, he's mad at the league for handing out the suspension.

The problem with Jones, and the Cowboys, is that they've been part of a culture that thinks that anything the players do is fine, because, after all, they are Dallas Cowboys. In the process, with Jones constantly finding ways to bail guys out, they feel a sense of entitlement, and are above the law.

I hope the Commish makes the whole suspension stick, and the league chastises Jones for his attempts to undermine the integrity of the league. He's an ass, who should be out of the business. He's doing nothing but sending the wrong message.

Jones at it again

Jones is mad as a hornet because the league suspended his star RB, Elliott. The truth of the matter is, the guy has a history of bad behavior, and seems to think it's okay, because he's a big time football player.

Jerry Jones should be mad at his star RB, but instead, he's mad at the league for handing out the suspension.

The problem with Jones, and the Cowboys, is that they've been part of a culture that thinks that anything the players do is fine, because, after all, they are Dallas Cowboys. In the process, with Jones constantly finding ways to bail guys out, they feel a sense of entitlement, and are above the law.

I hope the Commish makes the whole suspension stick, and the league chastises Jones for his attempts to undermine the integrity of the league. He's an ass, who should be out of the business. He's doing nothing but sending the wrong message.

Jones at it again
He should be pissed... was he found guilty by a jury of his peers ? Wait they couldn't charge him because a third party witness came forward and said the victim lied it never happened ?

I have two big problems with it... 1. We live in a country were you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers.
2nd the NFL and media's moral tempest BS is getting old, worry about running the football league and stop trying to police every single bloody off field incident... that's why we have police and a court system.

Now if Jones was a man of consience and faith and cared about kids that idealize their heros wearing the Cowboy star, he would have come down hard on Elliot publicly, and behind closed doors by suspending himself before the League did. But no, he's the eternal frat boy. A man/child. Tom Laundry had more class in his little finger than Jones has in his whole body.

He should be pissed... was he found guilty by a jury of his peers ? Wait they couldn't charge him because a third party witness came forward and said the victim lied it never happened ?

I have two big problems with it... 1. We live in a country were you are innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers.
2nd the NFL and media's moral tempest BS is getting old, worry about running the football league and stop trying to police every single bloody off field incident... that's why we have police and a court system.

Based on my experience, which includes being involved in one investigation of a domestic abuse case in relation to a professional athlete, and another with a politician, I can tell you that not pressing charges from the point of view of the law isn't the same as being "innocent." There are pressures so intense against accusers, and witnesses to their wrong doing, that they will often recant their original statements, or as witnesses, fail to step forward, or even lie about events. Sometimes because of outside pressure, some times because there were "incentives" to say something that's not true.

The NFL obviously looked beyond the hype, and the truths/non-truths, and got down to facts, before making this decision.

I'm always reminded of the time that Eddie Lee Ivery went into court in GB for driving without a license. When he left, after being found guilty, he climbed in his car and drove away. When confronted about it, because he didn't have a license, a lot of Packer fans got on their high horses and screamed it was police harassment. Want to resolve these issues? If you don't do the crime, you don't do the time.

Personally, I hope they send a message with Zeke, and don't shorten his suspension. It's time they stick to their guns. If the players want free rein to do anything they want, without repercussion, they need to include that in the next bargaining agreement. But, if that happens, I'd be more than happy to see the NFL shut down operations for as long as it takes to break them from getting that through.

i've personally witnessed people lose their jobs without ever being found guilty by a jury. i'm pretty sure it happens every day. but elliott isn't losing his job. he's being suspended.

i personally was suspended from my job for three days (for something i did not do) while my employer "investigated". so i clearly was suspended before ever being found guilty. after the three days, i was allowed to return, and life went on as if nothing ever happened (except for the fact that I was embarrassed in front of my peers).

employee discipline is rarely decided by a jury in a court of law.

i've personally witnessed people lose their jobs without ever being found guilty by a jury. i'm pretty sure it happens every day. but elliott isn't losing his job. he's being suspended.

i personally was suspended from my job for three days (for something i did not do) while my employer "investigated". so i clearly was suspended before ever being found guilty. after the three days, i was allowed to return, and life went on as if nothing ever happened (except for the fact that I was embarrassed in front of my peers).

employee discipline is rarely decided by a jury in a court of law.
I didn't say it was... I said it isn't right. Just my opinion

I didn't say it was... I said it isn't right. Just my opinion

but don't you think our courts would be extremely overburdened if every matter of employee discipline had to be decided by a jury? if an employee is engaging in some behavior that is detrimental to his/her employer, shouldn't the employer have the right to take disciplinary action, including suspension or termination?

having been on the other side of the fence, i still believe that an employer needs to have that avenue of protection.

now, if the debate is about whether the nfl has been consistent and fair about the way it disciplines its employees, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

20728011_10209682977260488_7496587665888120227_n.jpg

by the way, he was not found "innocent". he was found "not guilty". there is a huge difference.

0811-ezekiel-elliot-alleged-injuries-launch-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jones is mad as a hornet because the league suspended his star RB, Elliott. The truth of bh(the matter is, the guy has a history of bad behavior, and seems to think it's okay, he's a big time football player.
angelic((Jerry Jones should be mad at his star RB, but instead, he's mad at the league for handing out the suspension.

Jones at it again
I can't believe that he was voted into the HOF. Made me sick.

If he wasn't charged,tried, and convicted. Goodell and the overly PC NFL is over reaching yet again, my guess it's cut down to 3 or 4 games on appeal.

Reactions: ski
FWIW. There were five, count'em- five separate incidents. The DA didn't move forward because in ONE instance she allegedly embellished and one of her friends said that 'that time it didn't happen'.
DA declined to press charges because the defense would hammer that one of five instances and create reasonable doubt. Doesnt' mean it didn't happen.

Much like the Greg Hardy situation. There was NO DOUBT what he did. Including paying off the victim to not show up to court. Then it was dismissed, Greg Hardy has no record of domestic violence, Jerry Jones signs him and then is upset because the league suspended him for four games.
Stay classy Dallas!

Back