Taylor powers Badgers past Rutgers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin Badgers used a big second half from running back Jonathan Taylor to ease to a 31-17 victory over the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on Saturday inside Camp Randall Stadium. Taylor, who had just 11 carries and fumbled twice in the loss to Northwestern last week, got loose for 208 yards and three touchdowns on the day. Wisconsin has started slow for most of the season, but that didn&#8217.

Source

Continue reading...

• At 6-3, Wisconsin is bowl-eligible for the 17th consecutive season. The Badgers’ run of 16 straight bowl game appearances is the longest active streak in the Big Ten and tied for the sixth-longest in the FBS.
  • UW is 51-13 (.797) over the last 5 seasons and trails only Alabama (61-5, .924 entering Saturday), Clemson (58-7, .892) and Ohio State (56-7, .889) in wins among FBS teams in that span.
  • The Badgers won their 12th straight Big Ten home game, extending a streak that dates to Oct. 29, 2016.
  • Overall, Wisconsin has won 19 of its last 21 league games, dating back to the 2016 season.
  • Wisconsin has gone 33-7 (.825) in conference play over the last 5 seasons (2014-18). Only Ohio State (35-4, .897 entering Saturday) has a better league record over that span.

I know it's a win , but it is Rutgers, should blow these guys out of the stadium. Can't believe how atrocious our qb play is . Hopefully Mertz Will be able to play right away. Not alot of innovation in our offense

I know it's a win , but it is Rutgers, should blow these guys out of the stadium. Can't believe how atrocious our qb play is . Hopefully Mertz Will be able to play right away. Not alot of innovation in our offense
Mertz can play right away but if the WR position stays as is it will not matter

We need long rangy, speedy WRs to create problems for defenses. If we get them, and we can get one step up at QB, we could be a top 10 team. I don't see us being in a league with Alabama unless we catch lightning in a bottle with a couple of WRs and Mertz being a lights out first round NFL draft type from the day he steps on campus.

Back