The Big Reveal

Nerd

Reaction score
It's possible that Matt's new offense sucks, or that he is stupid. Nobody really knows for sure. However I find that to be unlikely.

The REAL reveal tonight will be as to whether or not Aaron has "bought in" to letting management run the team. If Aaron audibles out of running plays, goes sandlot and passes guys up to chuck it deep, this franchise is going to spiral downward for the next two years. Matt can't sit Aaron for Boyle. I mean he could, but Boyle's limitations would show sooner rather than later.

That's the main thing for which I am in suspense tonight. Secondarily, how good will this offense be? I don't want to hear about how they are out of sync. They had all preseason to get in sync, including for full exhibition games. They better be READY.

As for Matt's offense, I am looking forward to running the ball, but especially screens, traps, a little bit of misdirection at times. SCHEMING guys open in the pass game.

Most of all, NO MORE LULLS. Show up, play a full 60 and maximize our chance of winning. I don't mind losing, if you're not the better team. If we go out there, prove that we are the better team for one quarter, then shit ourselves for the rest of the game, we might as well go back to McCarthy. Don't get me started on Special Teams lol

Lets not overreact to week 1.........one way or another RELAX

Week 1? Try Play 1. When the Bears hit a crosser for a gain of 8, people are going to want Pettine fired.

Whole thing is a work in progress. Right now we know nothing about this offense. The element of surprise may work really well in their favor this week, maybe it has no effect. All I know is, I'm going off social media tonight at 8:20eastern and I won't be back on until tomorrow morning.

I think there's a certain amount of surprise on both sides of the ball that could work in our favor. Chicago defense has no clue what to expect from this offense, and with all the new players on defense I don't think they have enough information to game plan against them (other than perhaps some general knowledge of Pettine's schemes).
Obviously the flip side is that the starting offense hasn't gone against an opposing defense, so could be a mess as well.

The REAL reveal tonight will be as to whether or not Aaron has "bought in" to letting management run the team. If Aaron audibles out of running plays, goes sandlot and passes guys up to chuck it deep, this franchise is going to spiral downward for the next two years. Matt can't sit Aaron for Boyle. I mean he could, but Boyle's limitations would show sooner rather than later.

For me that's the most important thing. Will Aaron play within the system? If things are not working initially will he go off script and do his own thing?

IMO, Its really sad when you're worried about one of the best QB's in football.

For me that's the most important thing. Will Aaron play within the system? If things are not working initially will he go off script and do his own thing?

IMO, Its really sad when you're worried about one of the best QB's in football.
Agreed man.

This could be the greatest offense since Bill Walsh, but if the QB is not on board with it, it ain't gonna work. That's the main thing right there, which gives it a chance to work.

I mean, audibles are one thing. Refusing to go under center and checking out of the run game is completely another. For now, I'm optimistic. Can't wait to see some real football.

Unfortunately, I agree. It all really depends on whether Rodgers buys in. If he doesn't and everybody else does, LaFleur's stuff won't work, Rodgers stuff won't work, and we're done.

Packinatl: Is right, it's only one game.
Rpatriot1: Is right, it's more than one play.

But it's the damn Bears. So it is one game and one play - every damn play. So in this instance, they're wrong.

I'm hoping.

Unfortunately, I agree. It all really depends on whether Rodgers buys in. If he doesn't and everybody else does, LaFleur's stuff won't work, Rodgers stuff won't work, and we're done.

Packinatl: Is right, it's only one game.
Rpatriot1: Is right, it's more than one play.

But it's the damn Bears. So it is one game and one play - every damn play. So in this instance, they're wrong.

I'm hoping.
It's one game, but it's an indication of what is to come. If Aaron is not on board, we could be in for a disaster. That's the biggest thing IMO. Secondarily, how we look and whether we win.

Bears D is tough, but I'm not entirely a believer in their team overall. We shall see.

Back