The Cut List

Most of these guys can be upgraded no doubt. One suprise is kyle murphy. I dont think he needs to be cut. In fact he prob starts with BB prob stzrting on pup. Murphy is a tausch that nothing is flashy but once hes in there its his spot. Murphy needs to stay healthy.

Jake ryan isnt getting cut either. He could definatly be upgraded, but he would provide depth and is worth a spot.

I would add davis to the list. If he cant find the field to push for at least some 4 wide looks cut his ass. Is he so weak and soft mac doesnt put him out there??

No way I'd cut Josh Jones already. A LOT of players were lost in Capers scheme. I think Pettine can work with the kid.

I really like the idea of Ty Montgomery back at WR. He would be a big, strong receiver. I liked him there. I thought it was ridiculous and typical Ted to not go get a true RB when it was desperately needed. Man alive , I'm glad they have a different guy doing that job now!

Okie Dokie....

Kyler Fackrell
Kofi Amichia
Demetri Goodson
Lenzy Pipkins
Jeff Janis
Quinton Dial
Lance Kendricks
Ahmad Brooks
Jermaine Whitehead

Goodson can't get on the field and was a fart in the wind to start with. Whitehead and Pipkins are not quality depth bye.
Dial and Brooks are niners has beens that helped not at all.

Janis isn't going to get a fair shake from MM. Cut him loose already. Kendricks shows flash's but that's been his MO in the league. Go draft a TE and acquire a vet. Cut this guy loose as well.

Fackrell is meh.. we need wow ! not meh.
This is a good start. I think we will end up keeping Fackrell, Kendricks and Murphy though. Fackrell didn't wow at OLB, but he might be a better fit as an ILB in nickel- not kidding. He's also smart and Pettine likes smart. Kendricks isn't much but he is under contract and his only competition right now is DickRod. Murphy might end up at RG yet with Spriggs at RT. Stop the 'cut Spriggs' stuff. He was showing improvement in the games before he got hurt. He is very athletic and was playing three different positions in under two years. Remember when there were cries to cut Devante Adams?!?! Patience people, Spriggs was and is a good pick.
So moving Fack and CMIII inside means J Thomas and Ryan could be toast. We need an EDGE in FA (Trent Murphy) and 1st or 2nd round pick. Double dip that OLB later in the draft also. Like to see us also spend more than a midround pick on IOL. Somebody to compete at RG and backup C (Ragnow or Cole).

Stop the 'cut Spriggs' stuff. He was showing improvement in the games before he got hurt. He is very athletic and was playing three different positions in under two years. Remember when there were cries to cut Devante Adams?!?! Patience people, Spriggs was and is a good pick.

My concern with this comparison (perhaps with Randall, too) is that there was a promising early year before the bad ('cut him now') - not so with Spriggs. And, I'm sure Spriggs suffers from the Hawk (and possibly Hundley) problem of what was used to draft him. I guess he could turn out to be worthwhile, and he's on his rookie contract, so I won't be upset to see him on the roster one more year.

Jason Spriggs
Trevor Davis
Kyler Fackrell
Aaron Ripkowski
Ty Montgomery
Quinten Rollins (injury may force this one)
Geromino Allison
Kofi Amichia
Josh Jones

All of these guys will be in camp battles.
-I agree Rollins may be out due to injury. He was always on the slow side and this may make it worse.
-I doubt MM goes without a FB so we'll have to see who's in camp to push Ripkowski. He could be a casualty.
-Spriggs likely survives but this will be his last year if he can't step it up. He needs to find a home at RT.
-Davis can't get on the field and might be gone if Gute drafts a couple of WRs.
-Fackrell is in the same boat as Davis. They might draft and edge guy or two and he could be the odd man out, but I suspect he's back.
-I think Monty is safe for now, especially if they cut Cobb.
-Allison is also in a numbers game like Davis. They have 10 WRs on the roster and likely more to come.
-Jones and Amichia are coming off rookie seasons. Way too early to cut them, especially Jones. Amichia was a later pick, so again, depending on how Gute approaches this he might well find himself buried in numbers. He may well get another shot on the PS.

I have a hunch that both Philbin and Pettine will determine a lot of guys can be moved to make them more productive. That will probably be their first point of business, even before the draft. I'm anxious to see how the "new depth chart" plays out by the first of June.

My cut list is everyone down to your butt hurt prima donna QB... i go in and say nobody is safe.. you have to earn your spot.. guys are too comfortable ...​

My cut list is everyone down to your butt hurt prima donna QB... i go in and say nobody is safe.. you have to earn your spot.. guys are too comfortable ...​

While i agree u could say that it isnt reality. If you cut 30 guys where do you get replacements?? Xfl?? Not trying to be an ass but onlu for fringe starters this would work. Or locker room problems.. Aka sitton.. Sure but guys like daniels bak rodgers and about 10bmore they are your core group that your invested in. The hit you take cutting them puts us back in the dark ages.

Run a no bs program where if you dont believe in or arent working to start cya, but the cut eveyone is far fetched

Back