The PAC-12 is doomed!

For what it's worth, I see Oregon and Notre Dame as the two I would be trying to get into the Big 10. Both are in the top 10 with viewership, and both would give you a huge additional base. Imagine games between existing Big 10 teams and those two, and we're talking about 4 million viewers or more on most weekends.

In quick estimation, I could see that a full 8 game slate between 16 Big 10 teams would draw between 24 and 28 million viewers, maybe more. That's one heck of a lot of sets tuned in. That's huge when you think about the offset of the weak viewership for teams like Northwestern.

For what it's worth, I see Oregon and Notre Dame as the two I would be trying to get into the Big 10. Both are in the top 10 with viewership, and both would give you a huge additional base. Imagine games between existing Big 10 teams and those two, and we're talking about 4 million viewers or more on most weekends.

In quick estimation, I could see that a full 8 game slate between 16 Big 10 teams would draw between 24 and 28 million viewers, maybe more. That's one heck of a lot of sets tuned in. That's huge when you think about the offset of the weak viewership for teams like Northwestern.
My bet is Stanford. Gets SF TV market so higher retrans fees. 1.5m more homes brings in $6.3m more in revenue

I agree that Stanford would be a solid choice. I do believe they will go two more, maybe even four before they're through.

I read this article about "who" the Big 10 should go after. I had to laugh. They really didn't do too much homework to get where they did. They just shot the names out of 15 schools that they personally thought would be a good fit, without any real research.

I agree that Stanford would be a solid choice. I do believe they will go two more, maybe even four before they're through.

I read this article about "who" the Big 10 should go after. I had to laugh. They really didn't do too much homework to get where they did. They just shot the names out of 15 schools that they personally thought would be a good fit, without any real research.

Yeah their research was let’s say poor in that piece. If ND joins then I believe they are done for awhile at 18. TV deal will be negotiated and that’s splitting the pie by 2 more with the same money pool. Can’t see that happening. Your not getting an ACC school for obvious reasons and the rest sans maybe a Oregon don’t make much sense.

I still think if ND joins they go South or East to add a 18th team

Back