Tony Romo Stays @ CBS

Yeah posted this last night in shout. Very talented announcer who got ESPN and CBS to get into a bidding war for him. I believe he is not making more per year as a tv guy then he did as a player.

CBS is giving Tony Romo a firm three-year deal to remain at the network, but it could grow to a 10-year deal, per sources. If the NFL extends its rights deal with CBS, Romo’s deal extends by seven additional years, even if the new rights deal is for a term shorter than seven.

Wow I the 17 million a year is for every year of the contract he would have a 170 million dollar deal that's insane for a TV guy.

CBS is giving Tony Romo a firm three-year deal to remain at the network, but it could grow to a 10-year deal, per sources. If the NFL extends its rights deal with CBS, Romo’s deal extends by seven additional years, even if the new rights deal is for a term shorter than seven.

Wow I the 17 million a year is for every year of the contract he would have a 170 million dollar deal that's insane for a TV guy.
CBS will retain rights. They just lost SEC rights and your not going to pay $17m even for 3 years if you don’t intend to extend. Now that said I think it’s 50/50 if they retain Thursday package.

There's less chance for injury when you're pushing a wheel barrow full of money, than when you're trying to escape from several defensive players intent on putting you about 6 inches deep in the turf. I think he'll accept the yearly pay cut for the extended time he can play with the mic.

If this ends up a 10 year 170 million dollar deal with CBS he will have made more as announcer then he did as a player.

on a related note ESPN will go after Payton Manning for the lead MNF analyst role, assuming they move it to ABC which is a pretty good bet

on a related note ESPN will go after Payton Manning for the lead MNF analyst role, assuming they move it to ABC which is a pretty good bet
I think Manning would do a good job on TV though does he want a FO role more then a TV role

Back