Training Camp Day 11 Summary

No matter how many times we hear how it's the player's responsibility to get in shape, and how these guys need lighter work in camp, I'll continue to shake my head. You need to butt heads, and get the feel of games, along with having your endurance, and physical condition tested, and retested, until you're toned, and ready to go onto the field, and play the number of downs necessary to help your team. The CBA is the main problem.

Hell week in football was exactly that for a reason. It was the starting point that told you that you needed to get ready for it, or you might not make it through to the other side, as a member of the team. You prepared for it, and I do mean, prepared for it.

agree 100% the cba is the main problem for the guys not being ready for the game. I guess my point was there is being in shape and conditioned and in football shape, where you get used to the contact. All these guys have offseason programs so if a guy isn't ready by july that's on him. I remember fat Al from about 10 or more yrs ago. that guy couldn't jog 100 yards. That's on him.

With the CBA the way it is football will continue to look sloppy for at least the 1st month. The tackling is awful now. and to your point the lack of banging heads and contact in practice these guys are hesitant. That's not as much on the coach as the nfl today. sucks the product now isn't what it was

I remember Jerry Kramer saying in his day they never worked out in off-season but you were in TC for like 2 months and back then were worked into the ground so by end of TC you were ready to go.
That training phase was the best part, if you really loved playing football.

Back