UPDATED : Letroy Guion's legal problems escalate/ Suspended 3 Games

Many questions on twitter regarding Guion and why he gets a suspension :

Read this from the conduct policy :
2.3 Violations of Law Involving Other Substances of Abuse
Apart from and in addition to any other provisions of this Policy, Players convicted of
or admitting to a violation of law (including, within the context of a diversionary
program, [BCOLOR=#ffff00]deferred adjudication[/BCOLOR], disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement
including but not limited to nolo contendere) relating to use, possession, acquisition,
sale, or distribution of Substances of Abuse other than alcohol, or conspiring to do so,
are subject to appropriate discipline as determined by the Commissioner.
Absent aggravating circumstances, discipline for a first offense will be a suspension
without pay for up to four (4) regular and/or post-season games. If the Commissioner
finds that there were aggravating circumstances, including but not limited to felonious
conduct or serious injury or death of third parties, and/or if the Player has had prior drug
or alcohol-related misconduct, increased discipline may be imposed. Discipline for a
second or subsequent offense, absent aggravating circumstances, will be a suspension
without pay for a minimum of six (6) up to ten (10) regular and/or post-season games.
A Player’s treatment history may be considered by the Commissioner in determining the
appropriate level of discipline.

deferred adjudication is what he got so he is STILL subject to the policy and getting disciplined regardless of his pleading out of the charges.

Many questions on twitter regarding Guion and why he gets a suspension :

Read this from the conduct policy :
2.3 Violations of Law Involving Other Substances of Abuse
Apart from and in addition to any other provisions of this Policy, Players convicted of
or admitting to a violation of law (including, within the context of a diversionary
program, [BCOLOR=#ffff00]deferred adjudication[/BCOLOR], disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement
including but not limited to nolo contendere) relating to use, possession, acquisition,
sale, or distribution of Substances of Abuse other than alcohol, or conspiring to do so,
are subject to appropriate discipline as determined by the Commissioner.
Absent aggravating circumstances, discipline for a first offense will be a suspension
without pay for up to four (4) regular and/or post-season games. If the Commissioner
finds that there were aggravating circumstances, including but not limited to felonious
conduct or serious injury or death of third parties, and/or if the Player has had prior drug
or alcohol-related misconduct, increased discipline may be imposed. Discipline for a
second or subsequent offense, absent aggravating circumstances, will be a suspension
without pay for a minimum of six (6) up to ten (10) regular and/or post-season games.
A Player’s treatment history may be considered by the Commissioner in determining the
appropriate level of discipline.

deferred adjudication is what he got so he is STILL subject to the policy and getting disciplined regardless of his pleading out of the charges.

isn't that exactly what i said on thursday, and you told me i was wrong?

not I ..... I asked how didn't say you were wrong. Found my own answer
sorry. i mistook the words "not true" directly after you quoted what i said as you saying that what i said was not true. it sure seemed like you were saying that was wrong. my bad.

What a smuck ! rt(thumbsdown))

3 game suspension for Guion

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13306455/letroy-guion-green-bay-packers-suspended-3-games-nfl

Letroy Guion has been suspended for the first three games of the regular season for his offseason arrest, but the Green Bay Packers defensive tackle is planning to appeal.
According to a source, Guion was notified of the three-game ban this week, and his agent and lawyers immediately began preparing their appeal. The NFL does not announce suspensions until the appeal process has been completed, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello.

I hate to say this, but sometimes we sit at home and root for guys we would never allow in our homes. Sigh! FP(

Back