What Can James Jones Bring to the Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I am quite amused with some of the reaction to JJ's signing. How many times have posters lamented TT's lack of FA signings? Now we develop a hole in our lineup, complicated by injury (Cobb?) and perceived lack of development (Janis). So we have little experience at WR, TT moves somewhat quickly to secure an experienced vet who actually is familiar with our system. YES. But no? People don't like it?!?!? If TT did this on the OL there would be rejoicing, but now we are lamenting the loss of a third year WR who was still battling for the 5th spot after three years?

I'm sorry, but this was a good move. JJ will not be a problem in the locker room. Hopefully it works out and provides depth, experience and a willingness by TT to plug a hole for a team that is on the cusp of success! This is not green n gold glasses, it is recognizing a change of style in TT's operandi. I'm as happy for that as I am in making ARod more comfortable heading into the season. cheesehead)

I have to say that I am quite amused with some of the reaction to JJ's signing. How many times have posters lamented TT's lack of FA signings? Now we develop a hole in our lineup, complicated by injury (Cobb?) and perceived lack of development (Janis). So we have little experience at WR, TT moves somewhat quickly to secure an experienced vet who actually is familiar with our system. YES. But no? People don't like it?!?!? If TT did this on the OL there would be rejoicing, but now we are lamenting the loss of a third year WR who was still battling for the 5th spot after three years?

I'm sorry, but this was a good move. JJ will not be a problem in the locker room. Hopefully it works out and provides depth, experience and a willingness by TT to plug a hole for a team that is on the cusp of success! This is not green n gold glasses, it is recognizing a change of style in TT's operandi. I'm as happy for that as I am in making ARod more comfortable heading into the season. cheesehead)

OMG... people questioned the packers personal decision :rolleyes: let's call 911. Bringing back a 31-year-old wr out of need is hardly a "FA signing"
if Nelson is healthy it doesn't happen.

Also, it appears some of you don't get the White issue at all. 2 weeks ago it was MM going ape over how he "worked his ass off" 'Did whatever we asked" bh)

At the end by admission, MM didn't even talk to him when they cut him! wideeye))sick( So A. MM didn't have the balls to tell the man your fired. B. You have put the perception in your locker room /workplace that hard work isn't good enough we look after the bottom line. ( Great for moral ! )

Not the fact we cut that WR ...But how it was handled and how that is out of character was our issue.

Really indifferent to the move. But why do you put almost 3 years into a player and then decide he's fringe ? I guess I like Mark's point that it's out of character for TT/MM to cut bait this late like they did after making a big deal about White. If Janis or Abby get cut for Jones you can bet they would have gotten a hell of a lot more heat.

Dubz I like that people here actually can debate Packer stuff without all the homer crap you find at most forums. It's why I joined up.

Really indifferent to the move. But why do you put almost 3 years into a player and then decide he's fringe ? I guess I like Mark's point that it's out of character for TT/MM to cut bait this late like they did after making a big deal about White. If Janis or Abby get cut for Jones you can bet they would have gotten a hell of a lot more heat.

Some guys are just marginal players. White started off as one of a rotation of camp bodies that the Packers bring in every year to compete and through hard work he showed that he's better than most of those camp bodies. In recognition of that fact GB kept him around on the PS all this time and paid him in hopes that he'd continue to develop and would push for a bigger role, but he really hasn't. Janis has a physical skill set that's unlike anyone else on the team right now, and more importantly he did something to distinguish himself on ST this camp which really increases the value for a bubble player. Abby has the WI thing going so fans go a little nuts over him but he still had a productive college career at a big school and has a draft pick invested in him, so GB wants to see what they have in him before cutting bait. And, in a nod to White, Abby got cut for the initial 53 while White didn't, so clearly he's ahead of Abby in the pecking order.

I guess the short answer is, no one at GB just decided he's fringe - White proved he's fringe with his body of work compared to other GB receivers and receivers league wide.

As I have said before, White was just a guy. Always has been. I have not issues with the cut, the issues I have is the way it was done. MM needs to watch what he says through the preseason about these bubble players just in case something like this happens. I get the trying to be positive crap but common be real with people and the media. if you can. Lastly, MM not meeting with White himself is a podo( move. You don't do that to people in sports or at a regular employer. I agree on that with Mark.

Dubz I like that people here actually can debate Packer stuff without all the homer crap you find at most forums. It's why I joined up.

If you've seen most of my posts you'd know I like the debate also. I was trying to point out the fact that TT had moved quickly to fill a perceived hole. Like I said, if he did this with the OL we'd hear a different tune.

I started the post with "I have to say that I am quite amused....." Such an impassioned stance that one responder had to start with "OMG". Really? I pointed out irony of TT actually doing what some posters have been asking for a couple of years!

Also, I never commented on 'how' they did the transaction. Only that they actually did the transaction. Just read what I wrote, not what someone thinks I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back