Who do you credit for the Packers' most recent success?

Who do you credit for the Packers' most recent success?

• Mark Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted Thompson

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Mike McCarthy

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Combination of TT, MM, AR and luck. TT has done well providing supporting cast and key players, MM manages the program well and calls a good game, AR becoming a master at his craft... and then luck that the division has been relatively weak for a decade, ensuring that winning it has been within reach year after year. It all goes together and if one of those links was weak the whole chain would break.

Murphy I don't know about, his impact will be seen in the long run. On the one hand he's been doing a lot to continue to develop local team revenue grows. On the other hand, who knows yet what the long term impact will be on the GB community of that team-oriented development. If nothing else I think he's succeeded in his main job, which is stay the heck out of the way while the football people do their thing.

well of course it's a combination of all those guys and many more factors. but for the sake of a poll, choose one who you feel is the most important factor. personally, i don't think there's any question that the single largest factor is aaron rodgers. take him out of the game and the packers instantly become mediocre.

I chose Ted because it was Ted who brought in all of these players, McCarthy and Rodgers.

well of course it's a combination of all those guys and many more factors. but for the sake of a poll, choose one who you feel is the most important factor. personally, i don't think there's any question that the single largest factor is aaron rodgers. take him out of the game and the packers instantly become mediocre.

But Aaron Rodgers was not a generational QB prospect like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. He needed to be developed in an environment that was created and maintained by Thompson and McCarthy in order to reach these heights. It's not a stretch to say that Aaron Rodgers isn't Aaron Rodgers without those guys, he's the product of their work, patience and risk-taking. Sure, right now, as is, he is the single biggest difference on the field but I can't separate what he's become from how he got there.

I agree all of the above. Don't care about for the sake of the pole. The premise is goofy

But Aaron Rodgers was not a generational QB prospect like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. He needed to be developed in an environment that was created and maintained by Thompson and McCarthy in order to reach these heights. ...

i don't know that i completely agree with that. i don't think you can take just any old quarterback and turn him into the nfl's all-time career qb rating leader. aaron rodgers has always had the inner drive to prove his doubters wrong and push himself (and those around him) to the highest level. sometimes i wonder if ted and mike aren't just along for the ride. i'm not naive enough to think that they did not have some influence on his success because it is true that not every team would have allowed him to develop on the bench for three years before throwing him into starting the lineup, but the packers had the luxury of already having a hall-of-fame quarterback to lead the team until he was ready, and favre was not here because of ted or mike. in fact they were doing their best to shoo him out the door. still, i don't think if we had drafted alex smith and let him sit on the bench for three years we would have seen the same results.

Easy. Aaron Rodgers. Take #12 off this team they are at best an 6-8 win team

With a average QB this team never wins the Super Bowl in the 2010 season and most likely TT and MM would have been fired by now for not being able to get to a Super Bowl.

With a average QB this team never wins the Super Bowl in the 2010 season and most likely TT and MM would have been fired by now for not being able to get to a Super Bowl.
If mm wasn't there to coach him up and rework his release. AR would of had a career worse than Smith

Wonder if Smiths wonders what would of happened if MM had stayed in SF.

Back