Wisconsin Badgers vs. Michigan Wolverines: Preview, predictions and prognostications

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Big lights, Big House, big stage. Wisconsin will take on Michigan in the marque matchup in the Big Ten this week. While we’ve give you things to know and what we’ll be watching for now is the time to put it all together. How does the Badger and Wolverines clash actually go down? Let’s dive in to the biggest game to date on the Wisconsin 2018 schedule. 1 Burning Question:

Source

Continue reading...

The reason offered for picking Michigan to win this one is exactly the same as what I see as a reason. I hope we're wrong because it could give the Badgers a big boost as this season progresses.

it's sad how both the packers and the badgers have failed to live up to expectations this season.

it's sad how both the packers and the badgers have failed to live up to expectations this season.
Wisconsin was overrated IMO, it was a 3 loss team on paper especially after Cepheus issues. Packers to some degree yes but it was max a 11-5 barring injuries

Yup, UW is doing exactly what I thought they would this year. They were injured and young on defense before the season ever started so were not going to hold teams down and get the ball to the offense in good field position like they did the past couple of seasons.

On top of that, little to no progress in the passing game. WRs are young and just "OK", and losing Cephus hurt them in that area even more. Hornibrook is who he is, a little jekyll and hyde, and unable to deal with pressure. He's just not a quick twitch "athlete" and not very coordinated so when forced to move, everything comes unglued and his accuracy fails him, as well as his decision making at those times.

In the Michigan game today, the offenses were relatively evenly matched - QB was the difference for Michigan. Hornibrook was particularly awful tonight. Hopefully he shakes it off and is ready for next week - I will be there and want to see a win ;) .

The outcome wasn't unexpected. The Badger defensive secondary is so young that you wonder if any of them shave. They will get a lot better, and when they do, next year... watch out!

Hornibrook is what we saw. Chryst knew he wouldn't be able to throw the ball well against them, so he stuck to his run game.

It could have been worse, and nobody should be disappointed. We couldn't expect more with what we've got.

Came out flat and our defense had too many youngsters playing to really have a chance in this game. A lot of people are down on Horn but if it wasn't for him we would have lost two other games were we couldn't run the ball at all. PC needs to rethink this offense because they have no deep threat that can consistently take the top off the defense right now.

I don't know if people are necessarily down on Horni (I'm not) but perhaps a little disappointed in the lack of progress in the passing game overall and somewhat in the progress to his game. He's still not able to deal with pressure. In part due to his physical limitations, and to some degree due to his receiving corp.

The pick six last night was a good example. I suspect, that play had a certain timing in practice. Horni had his TE wide open and could have hit him, but Michigan disrupted his "timing" of the play somewhat and forced him to make the decision and throw quicker that how it was practiced. He's just not able to do that, and the result was a bad throw and a pick-6.

If I am an opposing defensive coordinator, the blueprint is there and has been for a couple of seasons on how to defeat the Badger offense. Commit heavily to "controlling" the running game. Force UW into passing situations. Then, bring pressure. Make AH uncomfortable and disrupt the timing by making him make throws quicker, and make him move. He's just not very effective in those situations.

That doesn't make him a bad QB and I'm personally proud to have him represent the team and university. He's a class kid and I think he should continue to start. At the same time it's reasonable to acknowledge his weaknesses. Not every team can do what I outlined above, and at those times he can destroy teams that commit to stopping the run if they can't bring pressure consistently. The tough part for UW is that the teams they need to get by - OSU, UM, and PSU typically can do that most years.

I've seen so many people whining about this game it's unreal. Wisconsin sports fans have unrealistic expectations. UW was playing with a young inexperienced defense and a WR corp that doesn't scare a HS defense.

They will win the west because the west isn't very good and they'll get a nice bowl somewhere. All things considered that would be a win for UW.

I have been seeing the same bunch of buffoons who were pro GA out running their moths about a modern spread team blah blah...those fools just don't know how fortunate they are to have a stable winning program each year at UW.

Badger fans have become spoiled. Hornibrook isn't a bad QB, and without the receiving corps he needs, it's not pretty. We can't expect him to go Aaron Rodgers every weekend. It's just not who he is.

I will repeat though, what you see with him is what you get. A decent QB who needs support from his receivers to make it work. We can't lay the blame for what happened with Michigan on his shoulders any more than we can on anyone else. We just didn't match up with them.

Back