Wisconsin Badgers vs. Penn State Nittany Lions: 5 Things to know

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
November is in full swing and the game everyone believed would be the Badgers swing game has become a matchup between two really desperate teams. If either the Penn State Nittany Lions or Wisconsin Badgers want to win their division, it starts with winning this game. Simply put, the loser eliminates themselves from contention in their respective divisions thanks to previous losses in the Big Ten...

Source

Continue reading...

I know the Badgers should lose this one. Coan lacks experience, and Penn State can put points on the board. They'd win a shoot out. Yet, something tells me that Chryst's coaching staff will put together a game plan that will force PSU to use everything they have to sell out against the run, making Coan look better than what he is.

I'm going to go against my better judgment here and pick the Badgers to win this one. It's just a gut feeling.

Wisconsin 34 PSU 31

Depends on if McSorley is healthy. If he is PSU by 10. If not tossup

PSU favored by 9 with the bookies.

Badgers just can't do much with Coan because PC won't open the playbook. Defense is so banged up today. At this point rest the key guys next week and go all out for the axw and win #7. Get a bowl game and regroup for next year.

They need an over the top WR to take the top off the defense. Coan looks scared to death out there as well.

Really disappointed in the Badger offense. I know Coan is the back-up QB, but good lord they were seemingly incompetent in all phases. The o-line did not protect well. The playcalling was poor, even for the run game for large chunks of the game.

Coan seems almost completely lost out there. That is on PC and the offensive coaching staff. This is his second year in the program and he should be better prepared than what we saw today especially considering he's been preparing to start for several weeks.

PC is touted as an offensive guru but I really haven't seen it this year. The offense needed to show up today, but they have pretty much been underwhelming all year so no reason to think today would be different.

At least we can put to bed the thought that Hornibrook was somehow the anointed one and that he was getting preferential treatment. Turns out he's the average guy while the rest are well below.

Two major mistakes early took the heart out of the Badgers. Interference on Wildgoose, and the Coan fumble. Those plays put the Badgers on their heels, and they didn't have enough to recover. Although I picked the Badgers, it was a heart pick, not reality, and I knew it. They were totally outplayed, and outcoached.

Back