Wisconsin Badgers vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 5 things to know

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
After the house of horrors that has been Ryan Field in Evanston reared its ugly head, the Wisconsin Badgers begin the final month of the season at the friendly confines of Camp Randall Stadium. Up next are the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, UW’s second East division cross-over game this season. With a devastating loss fresh in their minds, can the Badgers get over it and put their boot on a throat...

Source

Continue reading...

This one goes to the Badgers. Don't expect it to be a run away. Expect it to be a game where Chryst gives some unused players a little bit of playing time. Especially two or three, maybe more, who will be red shirts.

This one goes to the Badgers. Don't expect it to be a run away. Expect it to be a game where Chryst gives some unused players a little bit of playing time. Especially two or three, maybe more, who will be red shirts.
Disagree, Rutgers is awful. Badgers blow them out with their starting QB and RB having big days.

Mark said:
Disagree, Rutgers is awful. Badgers blow them out with their starting QB and RB having big days.

It went about the way I thought. We didn't blow them out, and it still wasn't close. On defense, the Badgers reached into their reserves to give a few guys who won't be charged for a year of eligibility to give them a few downs. It didn't happen on the offense, and I'm beginning to be a bit concerned about Coan going over the 4 game limit and burning his red-shirt. At the same time, I'm not certain I care. I don't think he's the future either.

This team is what it is. Injuries have really hurt, depth is young and the WR Group has regressed if that’s possible. I think that’s the end of Hornibrook this year , 3rd concussion not worth taking the risk and he was not right today.

This team is what it is. Injuries have really hurt, depth is young and the WR Group has regressed if that’s possible. I think that’s the end of Hornibrook this year , 3rd concussion not worth taking the risk and he was not right today.
It's possible. He looked out of it after the first series to me. UW is what they were built to be folks a 7-8 win program on a consistent basis that will have up/downs but won't be a 3 win team ever. It's what Barry fashioned and what PC is doing. You are not going to win 10 games a year with D4 and D5 Wisco kids as key depth when Ohio state and Michigan are marching out 4 star kids from Florida or California to match.

It's a great thing to keep your best home I agree but we need some stud WR and better help in the secondary if we want to compete above the norm. I am not complaining I am okay with 8 wins and a decent bowl but the expectations that many have for more should be shelved it's just mot realistic. tc(

Back